aaa Will EMU abandon the Proteus 2000?? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Will EMU abandon the Proteus 2000??

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             26-Oct-00  @  04:48 PM   -   Will EMU abandon the Proteus 2000??

fink angel

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hi, i'm after a second-hand proteus 2000. the trouble is it seems that these expansion cards are taking simply ages to come out.

can anyone tell me what roms are available NOW and what's planned for the future.

i thought there would be loads of third party stuff too but there's not that much.

the jv, although about longer seems to still be going strong.

should i get a jv??

i want orchestral sounds, strings, synths.

can someone give me an opinion.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             30-Oct-00  @  10:28 PM   -   RE: Will EMU abandon the Proteus 2000??

siva

Link?:  Link

Its a pretty powerful synth (if you're willing to program it). Lots of samples to use on the composer ROM (stock rom). I have the techno synt construction yard ROm by Rob Papen. Its pretty cool, except I don't like the drum kits on that rom. There is also a Holy Grail Piano ROM, the Protzoa Rom, and the Sounds of the ZR Rom. The virtuoso orchestral Roms will be available within November (so they say) and so will the Xtreme Lead. The World Expedition ROM will also be out this november.

If you ever buy a Emu Ultra sampler you can burn your own custom Roms and used them in your P2k as well. The flash roms are a bit pricey (thats being discusses on the p2k mailing list right now) but for what they I offer I believe its justified.

THe next OS upgrade for the P2k will add arppegiators (up to 32 simultaneously) and expression found in the V2k. Join the p2k mailing list on egroups to get more information. Sean Wilshelm(an employee at EMU) comes on quite a bit to answer questions. EMU will definitely be supporting the P2K for a while.

Justin

Message 3/3             31-Oct-00  @  11:51 AM   -   RE: Will EMU abandon the Proteus 2000??

fink angel

Link?:  No link

i'm not a particularly willing programmer, which is a shame i admit but i'll probably give it a look anyway.

cheers

fink

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)