aaa EOS 4.5? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: EOS 4.5?

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             31-Oct-00  @  12:32 AM   -   EOS 4.5?

scrotalsack

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

will EOS 4.5 be available for older Ultra series samplers, or just the Platinum? Will it cost anything or a free download? what features does it have (if any, I dont know if its just an update to run the RFX card)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             31-Oct-00  @  03:26 AM   -   RE: EOS 4.5?

influx

Link?:  Link

Platinum?

what the fuck is that?

Message 3/11             31-Oct-00  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: EOS 4.5?

fv

Yes, EOS 4.5 will be available for the older Ultra samplers. I don't know if they'll offer a "Classic" version for non-Ultras. I suspect that 4.5 may require the RFX card but I'm unsure (before you guys get yourselves in a knot, let's wait and see before speculating).

I suspect that, if EOS 4.5 does not require the RFX card, that Emu will still charge a fee (depending on what new things have been added).

BTW, influx, the Platinum is E-mu's new flagship sampler. It is really an EOS sampler with all of the options including the RFX card and polyphony card. It is going to cost $$$$ (mucho), but you won't need to upgrade it whatsoever. It also comes with 20 CD Roms too. There is more info at E-mu's site under the What's New section.

HTH,
fv

Message 4/11             31-Oct-00  @  08:48 PM   -   RE: EOS 4.5?

scrotalsack

not that im going to buy one, im quite happy with my 6400 ultra, but doesnt it seem like the platinum has a different screen than the rest of them? that would be nice if they could make it with adjustable brightness... if you're in a dark room and you stare at those screens they can make your eyes hurt.

Message 5/11             01-Nov-00  @  11:15 PM   -   RE: EOS 4.5?

phunkytek

brightness would be nice to add to the misc screen under contrast.
I intend to get a rfx card and eos 4.5. I think I'm going to sell my e-6400 and buy the e4ultra and the card. I was going to get a some outbuard fx and another yamaha o1v, but I think getting an ultra and the rfx should give me all the mixing control an fx I needed. It really wont be anymore expensive either. I found a e4ultra 128voice at 8thstreet for $2700.00 I need to get a $1000 for my e-6400. It has the fx card ,66mb ram, and a HD. I would upgrade, but evan though the price of the ultra samplers has come waay down the upgrade has'nt changed.

Message 6/11             02-Nov-00  @  01:55 AM   -   RE: EOS 4.5?

influx

Link?:  Link

too rich for my blood. good ol E4 does SO much that Im done. gonna learn that thing and do with it till I SELL LOTS OF RECORDS;)

Message 7/11             02-Nov-00  @  11:46 AM   -   RE: EOS 4.5?

r-tek

I NEEEEEEEEEED the rfx. Well, not need, but I want it baaaaaaad. My extra outs should finally arrive today, yee-haw.

Message 8/11             03-Nov-00  @  08:49 PM   -   RE: EOS 4.5?

fv

Hi r-tek,

In case any of you have not looked on the E-mu website lately. If you navigate your browser to Products, then Samplers, there is a link to some info on the RFX card. As well, you can download a .pdf document which is the manual on using the RFX-32 card.

For anyone dying to get this card, it should be in stores very soon I would guess.

fv

Message 9/11             03-Nov-00  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: EOS 4.5?

fv

Since EOS 4.5 is required to use the RFX-32 card, that'll mean that EOS 4.5 is going to be out very, very soon.

fv

Message 10/11             10-Nov-00  @  02:13 AM   -   RE: EOS 4.5?

Ali

going thru the manual..this thing looks awesome and i thought the a5000 had answered my prayers the only reason i choose the a5000 was because of the dual send per sample and now i read this fucking thing has 4 of em and better yet u can modulate them in real time...what i dont seem to understand is u can assing only one rfx bus to one pair of outs so this way u cant use more than 4 bus if u dont have expanded outs...in the yammy u can assign all the efx out to the same out or whatever u desire...i am definately missing something ehre.....anyways its time to sell my old e4xt and time for the ULTRA
anyone wants to buy a e4xt????????

Message 11/11             10-Nov-00  @  02:22 AM   -   RE: EOS 4.5?

Ali

well going thru the diagram i get it..all busses go to a main out and 2 aux..that solves the problem but still it would be way more flexable if more than one bus could be routed to the same analog out..its alleast better than my k2600 where the kdfx is hard wired so u cant really use all the out puts and moreover the whole output goes thru the effect buss and u have to adjust the wet and dry levl of the bus not on th output stage of teh sample..well anyways if the rfx32 sounds anyhting like the kdfx then i think the e4ultra with a the rfx and one VA is all you need...ever

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)