aaa Planet earth? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Planet earth?

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/14             07-Nov-00  @  12:53 AM   -   Planet earth?

scrotalsack

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

does anybody know what this module is supposed to be? I know it said "world" on the website, but is it supposed to be a drum box or a synth box? or a hybrid of both? is it going to be shite?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             15-Nov-00  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: Planet earth?

phunkytek

ethnic sounds from around the globe.ranging from tribal and indiginous to western etc.

Message 3/14             16-Nov-00  @  09:26 PM   -   RE: Planet earth?

scrotalsack

a bit off topic, but i think it would be cool if, since these new boxes emu came out with can read flash roms from the Ultra samplers... if it could go both ways... like EMU sells a ROM for Ultra series with the Planet Earth or Audity2k or Virtuoso sounds. I'd sure buy it.

Message 4/14             17-Nov-00  @  08:05 PM   -   RE: Planet earth?

k

it's probably fair to say akai format cd's have way more 'world sounds' than e-mu who have always been badly supported by cd-rom companies

Message 5/14             17-Nov-00  @  08:21 PM   -   RE: Planet earth?

r-tek

emu can read akai format anyways, so it dont really matter. Just be carefull with these emu romplers tho, I`ve got the phatt/orbit thingy on cd rom and the esynth and considering what they charged for the actual modules, its a fucking joke. Some nice (and very familiar) sounds, but HOW MUCH? Jesus. I`m sure emu will soon be plonking some of this stuff onto roms anyway, makes sense.

Message 6/14             17-Nov-00  @  09:31 PM   -   RE: Planet earth?

scrotalsack

i didnt mean a CD-ROM, i mean an actual ROM chip to plug in, like the Holy grail piano thing for the proteus 2k... quick loading, ease of use... dont have to bother with plugging in a cdrom and such... ive had the damndest problems with SCSI and my e6400U...

Message 7/14             17-Nov-00  @  09:46 PM   -   RE: Planet earth?

r-tek

yeah, I know what you meant. SCSI probs tho? What OS are you running?

Message 8/14             20-Nov-00  @  04:45 AM   -   RE: Planet earth?

phunkytek

I e-mailed sales at emu to find out just that. If you can burn a flash card from your e4ultra, for a proteus, why can't you pop a proteus expansion rom card into an e4ultra?

Message 9/14             20-Nov-00  @  11:25 PM   -   RE: Planet earth?

scrotalsack

im using 4.01 or 4.1 whatever is that one on emu's website. i have my 64U hooked up to my mac, and its always giving me problems. fried the controller on my CDROM drive, the drive is now useless, sometimes the computer sees it and will scsi transfer to it, sometimes it will see it but wont transfer, sometimes the mac wont start up if the 64U is plugged into the scsi chain, powered on or off. ive tried different cables, different ID settings, powering them up in different order (when you have a 64U or any emu sampler hooked up to a mac via scsi, it will not boot unless the computer is on too) Ive turned on the "avoid host on ID" thing for id7 (mac default) I know its not my mac because Ive had a K2000 and a ESI4k hooked up and they never had any problem. speaking of which, has anybody ever hooked up two samplers to the same SCSI chain? I dont know if its possible but it would be more convinient than using two computers for two samplers...

Message 10/14             26-Nov-00  @  12:59 AM   -   RE: Planet earth?

phunkyek

I had some wierd things happen when i first disconected my scsi caple. My emu would not boot? I reconnected it and disconected it , then restarted the sampler and it worked fine? You can chain samplers, but they have to have a diferant ID. In the master section is where you change it. I don't know how tranfers are handled from the computer when that starts. In order to chain you have to have a duel external port on the computer or two external ports on the sampler. It is available as an option from emu.

Message 11/14             27-Nov-00  @  08:27 PM   -   RE: Planet earth?

scrotalsack

well i had it hooked up in this order... mac --> Zip --> K2000R --> E6400 And it caused all kinds of problems... I had all the IDs set properly, the mac is always 7, the kurz was 1 and the 6400 was 4. The zip was 2 i think, i know there werent any conflicting IDs... I also had the "avoid host on ID" thing turned to 7...
But anyway, there were all kinds of problems. At one point it blew up the computer (although that was my stupid mistake) but otherwise it was never working right. I just gave up and connected the K2K to one mac and the 6400 to another. im just trying to figure out what the hell was the matter.

Message 12/14             28-Nov-00  @  06:04 AM   -   RE: Planet earth?

phunkytek

got me, I have a cdrw on the chain and my sampler on it and no problems. Consult the manuals for all gear and read do and don'ts for each units scsi setup. Each peice of gear handle stuff diferantly. i'd e-mail emu, and kurzwell. find out what they have to say.

Message 13/14             26-Dec-05  @  05:40 PM   -   RE: Planet earth?

Pirelli

Mmmm I like those sounds

Message 14/14             29-Dec-05  @  08:34 PM   -   RE: Planet earth?

k

Link?:  Link

that series of units is going well cheap nowadays, usualy a bargain, super deep bass on those units like Planet 'Phat'

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)