aaa ASR-X Pro - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: ASR-X Pro

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             07-Nov-00  @  01:11 AM   -   ASR-X Pro

splank96

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm thinking of sinking money into the Ensoniq ARS-X Pro,but i hear it is rather a @#$% ^itch to really dig deep and use the machine to its potential.Does anyone have any comments on the machine.There is just something so damn aappeling about it.ARS-x opposed to software,909(I know,Iknow),Yamaha drum machines,the Electribe ER-1,even.Any feedback,I'm die'n here.Donka Shon.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             13-Nov-00  @  02:15 AM   -   RE: ASR-X Pro

Budlight1850

Hey- I have the black ASR-X and its the shit! The resampling is great and it really lets you get down the tune you got floating around in your head.... However, Programming it is a bitch (the front panel is like 1 inch by 3 inchs), and the preset sounds suck..I'm gonna midi it and use cubase on a pc...I haven't figured out a reasonably cheap way to get better sounds...Brandon

Message 3/7             15-Nov-00  @  07:14 PM   -   RE: ASR-X Pro

Defector Z

Link?: Link

I looked into it quite a bit a while back. Actually, I looked at it twice, and both times I opted for something else. Although, were I start from scratch with all my gear, I'd probably get one of those instead of a rack smapler. Although - I'd get the Pro.

The sequencer is shotty from what I have heard - terrible timing problems. The resmapling feature is HUGE and I sincerely wish my ESI4000 could do it. I was actually thinking of selling the ESI4k when I'm done with my cd and getting an ASRX. If you have another sequencer, and just want to trigger the ASRX, that's good. I too have heard the ROM sounds suck, but is that why you have a smapler? Nope. Get a synth for that.

I've heard the filters are fantastic, and I loved the feel of the pads. The FX are decent (probably a hell of a lot better than than the turbo option on my ESI4k).

Once I'm done with this cd, I'll probably get rid of the ESI and get a nice red ASRX pro. I want more hands on with my drum programming. ;-)

Darin

Message 4/7             21-Nov-00  @  04:45 PM   -   RE: ASR-X Pro

jondl

Link?: Link

If you do a search on the archives you'll find a number of threads regarding the ASR-X and the X-Pro here at DT. You'll find my ASR-X page at the URL above. There have been a number of updates to the Tips & Tricks page both this month and last. I'd also suggest you check you the ASR-X mailing list at eGroups http://www.egroups.com/group/asrx

In a nutshell, the ASR-X strengths are sound quality, resampling, and awesome FX. The weakness are in the underpowered CPU and sometimes 'klugey' OS. It's not the end-all, be-all workstation but it is a great collection of all-in-one sampling and DSP tools. There's good cross platform and after-market support too.

Hope this helps,
jondl

Message 5/7             23-Nov-00  @  04:20 AM   -   RE: ASR-X Pro

gs

cool as a sampling drum box type thing cause it's fast to work with, you don't have to dick around with layers and programs and shit. just hit sample then assign the sound to a pad and you're away. wicked fx too.

Message 6/7             24-Nov-00  @  03:40 AM   -   RE: ASR-X Pro

chickenhead

Link?:  Link

What's the difference between the ASRX and the Pro? More memory?

Message 7/7             24-Nov-00  @  06:18 PM   -   RE: ASR-X Pro

phunkytek

i saw a close out unit on Emu's site for $499. As far as analog modeled drums, it comes with stomper software in it. I use stomper for all kinds of big bass presets and it can create very 909ish samples, but you can load 909 samples in and have the best of both. I have a Cd with every roland drum machince evermade, with multi samples of the parts with tune and decay. Get the sampler. It can do drums and synths, as well as phrases and loops. you can put a lot in that box.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)