aaa How to play the same preset on two tracks? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: How to play the same preset on two tracks?

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             24-Nov-00  @  06:11 PM   -   How to play the same preset on two tracks?

phunkytek

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I created this great sh-101 preset by sampling my 101, and now I want to play it on two tracks for some acid lines, and the preset is loaded twice into two locations and the samples are in two locations. Do I have to re-name all the samples and rename the preset for them to work independantly. When i triger the second track it interupts the play of the first. I thought it would work just like any muti-timbral synth, but it doesn't.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             25-Nov-00  @  12:06 AM   -   RE: How to play the same preset on two tracks?

Frostbyte

You don't specify wich sampler, but check for keyboard mode, "Poly all" and that kind of stuff, it relates to "stealing" amongst groups. I'll check it when I'm home

Message 3/10             26-Nov-00  @  12:40 AM   -   RE: How to play the same preset on two tracks?

phunkytek

e-6400 os3.0b. Keyboard Mode and PolyAll? in what section. Preset Edit? I'll look, thanks

Message 4/10             26-Nov-00  @  01:16 AM   -   RE: How to play the same preset on two tracks?

r-tek

my studios in pieces right now so I cant be sure, but you can assign the polyphony in the preset edit/voice modififers (I think) bit, in the same set of menus where the chorus is..... mebbe even the same page as the portamento. In that area anyways.

Message 5/10             26-Nov-00  @  01:38 AM   -   RE: How to play the same preset on two tracks?

Frostbyte

Esi2k here, soI don't know if it willl be relevant for you. The function i'm thinking of is "Channel Assignment" it's in the Dynamic Processing menu. Now, I haven't played with this so i'm not sure wich, but from what you say I'd try "Mono A-I: nine monophonic chanels. any voice assigned to the same letter interupt each other but does not affect other voices" So the manual says   Might not be very usefull since it's not the same machine, but you should have something similar..

Message 6/10             26-Nov-00  @  08:41 AM   -   RE: How to play the same preset on two tracks?

phunkytek

the e4 in multi mode gives you 16 channels, and the preset has the poly and mono settings in it, but the problem is weird. It is just this one preset. I have it playing on channel 5 and it is interupting a preset on channel 9? They share no samples? When i mute the channel 5 part the other part plays fine. I switched the presets around and it's this one preset that is causing the problem. I can't play it on more than 1 track or at the same time as some other presets? but it only effects a couple of presets, not all of them. I'm going to e-mail emu I guess they are pretty good sometimes about getting back. anyone with info please...

Message 7/10             01-Dec-00  @  06:33 PM   -   RE: How to play the same preset on two tracks?

Frostbyte

what happened? Did it work ? Did they mail back ? Let us know  

Message 8/10             04-Dec-00  @  05:01 AM   -   RE: How to play the same preset on two tracks?

phunkytek

They never e-mailed me, but you were right about the polyall in the tuning section. It did the trick. I gues when I was turning it to a mono preset, i thought I needed to turn off the polyall. i had setthe two presets to mono. You do that with the solo mode only. Thanks for the help, sorry I forgot to get back.

Message 9/10             04-Dec-00  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: How to play the same preset on two tracks?

Frostbyte

no need to be be sorry. it's just that closing an informative thread is something good for future reference to newbies (those who bother to search , that is)

glad it worked  

Message 10/10             05-Dec-00  @  02:32 AM   -   RE: How to play the same preset on two tracks?

phunkytek

I often forget to search and I've been here for 2years. that is good Idea.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)