aaa Extreme lead Arppegiator - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Extreme lead Arppegiator

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             03-Dec-00  @  08:56 PM   -   Extreme lead Arppegiator

link

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I see lots of blabber here about the XL-1. I just want to know HOW programable is the arp stuff. Emu's web site does not have enough info on it. Can you like program your step pattern that can be triggered with one key or is just like you can only program rhythms and you must hold down a chord for it? Is it step programable or must PLAY a pattern slowly into the unit. Can the patterns be more than 16 steps? Drum beats by holding down 1 key? That would be the cat's meow if it could do all that.

link - out

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             03-Dec-00  @  10:34 PM   -   RE: Extreme lead Arppegiator

driftpattern

Link?: Link

You can do a lot with the arpeggiator. You can have 16 seperate patterns running at once, one on each midi channel. I haven't tried that yet. Creatong the patterns isn't too hard. It is basically just step writting. Just tell it how many steps you want in the pattern, up to 32, then pick the note offset and velocity for each step. Like hold down C1 and it can go: F1 G1 C# Bb REST C-1 B9 L19... whatever. All at whatever velocities you want. You can hold down a chord for that also and will move that chord all over. You can set the keys to latch also.

I guess you could make it play drum patterns with a few arps going at once: 1 doing a chh / ohh pattern, one doing a bass drum pattern, etc... The drum sounds are quite good by the way.

Click the link above to download a 200k mp3 of a drum pattern using 1 arp. I made that patch the first day I got the unit so it really sucks. I think its only 16 steps. Don't judge the XL-1 by that shitty mp3! Dont judge me by it either!   I just hit C1 and let go and it plays that. Recorded into WaveLab - no plugins.

Hope that helps. Its strong point is the synthesis anyway.

Message 3/4             03-Dec-00  @  10:39 PM   -   RE: Extreme lead Arppegiator

driftpattern

you gotta right click the link, LINK (ha) and do "save target as..."

Message 4/4             04-Dec-00  @  03:39 PM   -   RE: Extreme lead Arppegiator

link

Thanks Drifty! Thats what I needed to know. I will try to find a used one first. That loop sounds good, to me. More of like a back beat thing. It a little weird though (in a good way). Odd time?

-link-

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)