aaa Houston, we have have E4 realtime resonance - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Houston, we have have E4 realtime resonance

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             14-Dec-00  @  05:27 PM   -   Houston, we have have E4 realtime resonance

r-tek

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

at least I think so anyways, I haven`t actually done it yet, but in theory it works for sure and will be every bit as smooth as having the real thing   ....tedious to set up initially mind.anyways, so I`ll be back later with with the details ....it may prove to be a fucking nightmare if you`re using keygrouped samples, but it`ll work anyhoo.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             14-Dec-00  @  05:28 PM   -   RE: Houston, we have have E4 realtime resonance

feck

heh heh, I said "have have".

Message 3/9             03-Jan-01  @  10:12 PM   -   RE: Houston, we have have E4 realtime resonance

phunkytek

details please!!!!!!

Message 4/9             04-Jan-01  @  12:00 AM   -   RE: Houston, we have have E4 realtime resonance

r-tek

he he, sorry I`ve been lazy and its a little late now so I cannae be arsed. However, its works a beaut (if fiddly to sort initially) and I shall give all the dirty details tomorrow. Works better on single shot samples as I said so ummm... tomorrow, I promise.

Message 5/9             04-Jan-01  @  10:06 PM   -   RE: Houston, we have have E4 realtime resonance

r-tek

the lazy schmuck that I am.......Alrighty so this is for 1 shot samples, you`ll havta doctor this to suit for keymapped presets - wont be difficult, just even more mind numbingly time consuming ........think it allows for like, keymaps of up to 8 samples, over that and you`ll need to make some compromises....Also, you *really* need to understand the relationship between groups and voices, else you make a right fucking mess of this....Right, so load up any old looped sample into the emu. Now assign this to a preset, spread it right across the KB and name the preset something like "Rez-template" or something suitably as dull.Now go to the realtime window, highlight "V1" and press "Utils" and then "new". Repeat over and bloody over again until you have 128 (the magic number) ghost copies of the sample in the preset.Highlight "G1" then choose the edit group softkey, then tuning and scroll along to the voice setup page whereupon you quite rightly so assign polphony to the group according to your playing style (ie, if you play a lot of 4-fingered chords or whatever, then give it 4 notes of poly .....its only so you dont have the emu trying to use up 128 notes of the 64/128) it has. Now go to the cords screen and slap a suitable filter on the sound ......dont touch the rez.Now the shit bits - back to the realtime window and scroll all the way down to voice 128. Highlight the "low" parameter for that voice and punch in "127" on the keypad and then press the "set" softkey. Proceed all the way up every voice doing likewise to the low setting (voice 126 is set to 127, 125 to 126 etc etc .....told you it was fun now didn`t I?). Once you`ve succeeded in doing this for every voice and have managed not to commit any acts of mindless violence, it time to do the same thing all the way down to the high parameter, setting each one to the same reading as the low (so voice 1 has the low and high set to 1 blah blah blah). Fortunately, you wont need to punch in the correct number each time on the way down - just punch in "1" then press the set softkey as the figure can obviously on go as low as the low setting. Confused? You will be...Now that you`ve decided to give up making music altogether and are pondering whether to take up either flower arranging or patchwork quilt making, bear with me. Now highlight "V2" in the realtime chart and select the edit voice softkey. Got to the cord screen then filter frequency and set the rez to 1. Back to the realtime chart, highlight "V3" and do the same (luckily the emu remember where you were last time and will take you straight back into the filter page), set the rez to 2 .........and so bloody on and forth till you`ve done every single one of the little fuckers with a rez level eventually running to 127 for voice 128.Hate me yet? Nearly done now anyway - highlight "g1" in the realtime chart and select edit group. Assign the controller of choice to "AmpXfd" with a mod depth of +100%. Hold down a key and tweak the controller ......       Now fucking save that bank and you can use it as a template for any future single shot sounds that need the realtime rez treatment.I dont think the rez is all that much to write home about on the e4, but its pseudo-realtime now anyway as you asked.If you wish to change the filter frequency, or assign a controller to it, or do *any* cord work on the sound, then rememeber to do this at a group level, not to individual voices. Most importantly of all, if you do fiddle with the filter frequency, DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT CHANGING THE RESONANCE!!! Cos you`ll completely mess up the entire thing as the group stuff is global.The usual disclaimer applies, good day to you sir.

Message 6/9             04-Jan-01  @  10:11 PM   -   RE: Houston, we have have E4 realtime resonance

r-tek

should read "...(so voice 1 has the low and high set to 0 blah blah blah).".

Message 7/9             05-Jan-01  @  11:59 PM   -   RE: Houston, we have have E4 realtime resonance

phunkytek

absolutley ingenius, and absolutley rediculous. R-tek, you are a twisted little man. I would rather just use a sutable synth to send send it through an external filter. Maybe the RFX will have filter plug-ins like d-pole or fusion. My presets alone take forever to set up, and this would just complicate things.

Message 8/9             06-Jan-01  @  12:07 AM   -   RE: Houston, we have have E4 realtime resonance

Frostbyte

Gee ! Kind of makes me wanna take up Norwegian needle point   Glad it's irrevelant to my sampler. Major props for taking the time to drop the knowledge tho'.

Message 9/9             06-Jan-01  @  12:08 AM   -   RE: Houston, we have have E4 realtime resonance

phunkytek

BTW, Thanks

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)