aaa Noisey outputs on esi2000...solution??? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Noisey outputs on esi2000...solution???

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             31-Dec-00  @  10:27 PM   -   Noisey outputs on esi2000...solution???

Lightyear

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey there, I got a serious hum coming out of my esi2000. I'm running it into a Behringer mx802a but the mixer is fine as none of my other gear is humming like this.

Can you guys throw out some ideas of what I should check for the source of the noise? Thanks.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             02-Jan-01  @  07:13 PM   -   RE: Noisey outputs on esi2000...solution???

k

do all the sampler out attached cables have an earth ?.... try removing them except one

Message 3/7             03-Jan-01  @  08:22 AM   -   RE: Noisey outputs on esi2000...solution???

Lightyear

I'm not quite sure what you mean, is that like the ground on a turntable? If so then no. I have shielded Hosa studio cables, believe they are balanced, and 1/4 inch. I know the esi has unbalanced, so do I need to use unbalanced cables? The thing is my old korg x3 has unbalanced and sounds good with the same cables.

I've tried changing mixer channels, different cables, using the sub outs on the esi, and still there is a bad hum.

Message 4/7             03-Jan-01  @  10:11 PM   -   RE: Noisey outputs on esi2000...solution???

phunkytek

is there a headroom or gain adjustment you could change?

Message 5/7             05-Jan-01  @  11:54 PM   -   RE: Noisey outputs on esi2000...solution???

k

does it do it with onlu one cable plugged in?... have you got an earth on the actual sampler?

Message 6/7             06-Jan-01  @  12:04 AM   -   RE: Noisey outputs on esi2000...solution???

Frostbyte

mine will only hum if I boost the gain too much, otherwise it's clean. Check it, make sure the volume knob is set to max, then ajust gain according to sample. if it's too weak and you have to push the gain up, try normalizing it. Sorry if you already know all this  

Message 7/7             10-Jan-01  @  08:09 AM   -   RE: Noisey outputs on esi2000...solution???

Lightyear

Ok, I ripped out the ground on the power cable and it helped out a little bit. I have no gain on, and my samples are reasonably loud, but I'll probably sample em louder so I don't have to turn up the esi so much. If you think of anything please post it, otherwise thanks for your help.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)