aaa CDRW Help! - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: CDRW Help!

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             12-Feb-01  @  09:44 AM   -   CDRW Help!

nyronn

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

My setup is a pc with a adaptec 1542 scsi card,this goes to Yamaha 8-8-24 cdrw,and then to a scsi zip drive, and then to my emu E6400.
The problem is that i have get error messages from the sampler.
When i try to load samples from the cdrw
i get error messages ie scsi sw error,scsi device not ready,.
The thing is the samper will load the names but not the samples etc.
I have tried conncting the CDR direct to the sampler,no cure.
Please help!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             20-Feb-01  @  01:11 PM   -   RE: CDRW Help!

Deano

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Well I'm not an expert on SCSI but as no-one else has replied to you question here's a few ideas.
There are 2 possibilities, either the CDRW doesn't work with the EMU or the SCSI set up is wrong. Can you access the ZIP drive from the EMU? If so then the problem is probably with the CDRW. Check on the EMU website to see if your CDRW is compatible. Not all are by any means. If you've tried connecting the EMU directly to the CDRW with nothing else in the chain and you've got the SCSI IDs and termination correct then this has to be the problem. If your CDRW is ok with the EMU then the fault is elsewhere and things get more complicated. The ESI32 manual has a section on just the set up you have with fault-finding tips. All the manuals are available in pdf format on the EMU website.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)