aaa ESI-32 SCSI issues - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: ESI-32 SCSI issues

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             19-Feb-01  @  12:06 AM   -   ESI-32 SCSI issues

solicalderon

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I use Sound Forge 4.5 to SCSI dump samples between my PC and ESI-32. Recently I updgraded to an AMD Athlon 1000mhz processor and an ABIT KT-7 Raid motherboard. Ever since, my computer and sampler both hang bn bootup. I can't even have my ESI-32 turned on while I boot up my PC. Therefore I can't initialize it as a SCSI device on my computer and can no longer transfer samples between my PC and sampler. I use an Adaptec AHA 2940 SCSI adapter which as always worked fine for this purpose in the past. I've tried almost every driver I can get my hands on for the scsi card to no avail. Can anyone help me out of this mess. All of my samples are stored on my HD and I can't access them now. Production has come to a screeching halt.

Thanks,
Sol Calderon

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             19-Feb-01  @  12:15 AM   -   RE: ESI-32 SCSI issues

Martin L

The esi likes the old drivers for your 2940 scsi card .. i think it is the 1.3 ..

What version do you have on the esi? It could be an old OS in the sampler that are screwing things up, but since your setup worked before, that cant be the problem ..

Message 3/5             19-Feb-01  @  11:45 PM   -   RE: ESI-32 SCSI issues

k

Link?:  No link

oh isnt there some probs with that board i heard i'm sure - i know it was the raid version and i'm 90% sure it was abit.

Message 4/5             20-Feb-01  @  12:41 AM   -   RE: ESI-32 SCSI issues

solicalderon

Link?:  No link

I never heard of the ABIT Raid motherboard issue before. Where did you hear about this? Where might I be able to look it up? Thanks for the direction...

~Sol

Message 5/5             21-Feb-01  @  01:45 PM   -   RE: ESI-32 SCSI issues

Martin L

Check this site out:

http://go.to/kt7faq

Might help ..

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)