aaa CREATING BANKS - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: CREATING BANKS

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             16-Mar-98  @  02:52 PM   -   CREATING BANKS

steve

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am waiting on the manuals for the FZ-1
I'm not getting much time to muck about with it,
so could somone tell me how to set up a bank of say 8 samples, each 1 sec long. So far I have sampled 8 indvidual sounds, created a bank and loaded them into the bank. I now want to assign the sounds to individual keys. For a start until the manuals arrive can someone help???

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             09-Apr-98  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: CREATING BANKS

rudolf

Nothing simlper than that:
Go to create bank, create keyboard areas (use the -> cursor to step through the individual areas)
There are 3 entries. Original Note, lowest and highest note. Just press a key on your keyboard
(or use the value slider)

Message 3/6             14-Apr-98  @  09:44 AM   -   RE: CREATING BANKS

steve

Cheers, I never had the time ( at the time )to figure it out. Once I did It did'nt take long. Managed to get round most of the controls. Still having trouble with samples
disappering, think I,m probabley pushing it too far and
the 1 meg memory can't cope. Still waiting on the manuals so I can follow everything step by step just incase there is some damn arkane style of setup, define save procedure. Thanks all the same.

Message 4/6             22-Apr-98  @  01:38 AM   -   RE: CREATING BANKS

sempepog

In case you're still waiting for the manual, here's some
more clues: Choosing how to load/save--
bank dump, full dump or voice dump-- makes a diff in memory management. Bank dumps include the keyboard,
output and midi channel assignments, etc.-- so they use more memory-
and full load replaces everything (all banks, all voices)
Also figure out the truncate voice feature-
voice edit-> create voice-> truncate; hit the display button and in a few seconds you'll see your waveform in all it's digitized glory-- the up and
down arrows will zoom in. Hit ENTER to jump to the end section of sample graphic display
When you've determined your truncate points, escape back to voice edit and go into "delete voice"-- you can then "delete unused portion" freeing up memory.
If you want to keep it intact, save the untruncated voice to its own floppy first, then make truncated versions as separate voices. BTW "copy voice" will de-activate the Truncate Unused Portion command-- because, if you make a copy of the voice, the entire sample must remain in RAM.
Hope this helps.

Message 5/6             22-Apr-98  @  10:09 AM   -   RE: CREATING BANKS

steve

That great, thanks sempepog@smartec.com. More questions,
When I have saved a voice to floppy I have reloaded it at a later date, and the display says "no file" or something like that. What dat all about then?
P.S. I have'nt been keeping disks near speakers/monitors or anything like that

Message 6/6             02-May-98  @  07:34 PM   -   RE: CREATING BANKS

Andymarshall1

I'll tackle this one - it sounds like one of two things. A) - Something IS wrong with your floppies, eg the dogs been wee-ing on them or they've been stored with you electro-magnet collection or B) - You are sampling sounds then going to save them to floppy and naming the sound as you save it. If it's A) then I cannot help you but if it's B) then you are doing something that it took me a few weeks to figure out. First thing to do with a sample that you want to keep is to name it. Do all the truncating, etc. at any point but always name the sample before you even look at a floppy disk. Of course, this can be done by going into define voice and tap-dancing along the number buttons. Once the sample has been named you can then save the sample. You will find that when you reload the sample the name should still be intact.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)