aaa Memory, I'm a little ignorant about it - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Memory, I'm a little ignorant about it

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             17-May-98  @  11:37 PM   -   Memory, I'm a little ignorant about it

galaxey

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

So explain to me what the 2megs of RAM is about? Sorry I am a newbie.
So I have 2 megs of RAM to sample material to. Fine, but I have to save everything on FLOPPIES correct. So what would one do if this Sampler had 32megs of ram? I'm sorry, I've just bought this and it's my first sampler and I don't understand

is there an easy way to load a bank
have it be playing something and then load another bank in real time (say you were playing live somewhere)?

Can the FZ10M play from two banks or more at the same time?

get back to me:
galaxey@earthlink.net

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             19-May-98  @  12:38 AM   -   RE: Memory, I'm a little ignorant about it

Andymarshall1

Okay, there's a few questions here. Let's tackle these one at a time - first thing you'll have to get used to is saving everything onto floppies so don't plan a major memory upgrade (though I know it is possible to upgrade the FZ to 40 meg but I'm not about to part with any more info on that - just stick to the more safe 4 meg upgrade - if you can call it that!). Second thing is that you can't get the old FZs to multi-task to ANY kind of extremes, so no, I'm afraid you can't play a bank and load another at the same time. Finally, sorry but you also cannot access two banks at the same time either but what you can do is assign multiple MIDI channels within one bank which will allow you to access different sounds at once - be that using a split keyboard (U don't need more than one MIDI channel for that!), two keyboards and a MIDI merge or the prefered keyboard and sequencer combo. Is this of any help???

Message 3/4             02-Jun-98  @  04:55 AM   -   RE: Memory, I'm a little ignorant about it

rxprod

40Meg of memory for the FZ? You MUST fill us in on some details! (Unless it's another one of those bogus postings)

Message 4/4             03-Jun-98  @  09:30 PM   -   40 Meg!

Andymarshall1

Actually, no, this is for real - 40 meg upgrade for the FZ but you almost have to be a nuclear physicist to perform the operation and the parts a VERY specialized. But, hey, who wants to save their songs across 30 floppies anyway?!? Half the people who write to this chat room don't seem to have working floppy drives as it is!!! So I don't think I'll be going into this but it IS most definately possible!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)