aaa ARRRRRRGH!!!..........HELP!!! - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: ARRRRRRGH!!!..........HELP!!!

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             11-Aug-98  @  12:39 PM   -   ARRRRRRGH!!!..........HELP!!!

steve

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Please help..............
My FZ1 keyboard has developed a fault. Nothing has been changed since I last switched it on.

On certain keys all the way up the keyboard when pressing say F3 it plays the E key next to it. Sometimes at the same time, sometimes a split
second later, not all keys are affected, it seems F3,G4,A3,B3 are affected and play their respective notes next to them at the same time. Some of keys higher up are affected. There doesn’t seem to be a regular pattern to the fault,
i.e. only F4 and A4 are affected. AND it sounds terrible, which makes me think that it’s a fault and not some mode which has inadvertently been set.

I’ve tried disconnecting the FZ1 from the chain and sampled something straight into the keyboard itself. Tried swiching it off then on. Been through all the menus on the machine. Same problem and always the same keys. As I said, I’ve done nothing to the machine, I was using it as a master keyboard when this happened out of the blue. I’m starting to suspect that its a physical thing with the keys, would this happen over time? Would it be wise the open the thing up and try cleaning the key contacts?
I ‘m a bit worried about doing that though.

Please help me solve this soon as possible, as I have so much work to do and it’s driving my fucking nuts. I sound like Les Dawson when I’m playing the thing for gawds sake!!  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             10-Sep-98  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: ARRRRRRGH!!!..........HELP!!!

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I had a similar problem with one of my keyboards - cos I spilt Lucozade all over it. I'd say try running a damp match down between the keys (wooden end first), and see if any sticky gunk comes out - this might be what's causing the problem. Hope this helps.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)