aaa cz3000 - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: cz3000

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/16             08-Mar-00  @  01:18 AM   -   cz3000

funkbot

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

any cz3000 heads out there ?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/16             09-Mar-00  @  08:48 AM   -   RE: cz3000

ashley.marians

i have a cz5000, all the same but with a sequencer you cant use, so you got the better deal. yes i love it, but i love my vz10m more. i dont know why the world still laughs at casio products, mine have never gone wrong, sound great and work differently in a world of me-too products.
ashley

Message 3/16             11-Mar-00  @  04:20 AM   -   RE: cz3000

funkbot

word!

Message 4/16             11-Mar-00  @  10:55 AM   -   RE: cz3000

k

yup

Message 5/16             13-Mar-00  @  09:45 AM   -   RE: cz3000

ashley

has anyone ever tryed a cz1. this is the king-of-the-hill cz synth, with a great keyboard. you can use the cz3000/5000 multitimbrally, if you need to know i can tell you how. i usually only split the keyboard for a bass sound and a sequence part. friends have produced singles with only casio keyboards (ok a little pro-1) and drums. early house was all casio and yamaha dx. do we tell everyone or do we keep quiet and lie when people ask how we made the sounds? i vote to keep it quiet.
ashley

Message 6/16             13-Mar-00  @  03:05 PM   -   RE: cz3000

k

yup.. i also vote, you write a review of the CZ1 for dancetech :-) !!!!

Message 7/16             14-Mar-00  @  07:44 AM   -   RE: cz3000

ashley

ok ok a cz owners only cz1 micro-review.
take a cz3000 add a better keyboard (but still synth style), give it velocity sensitivity and mono-aftertouch. improve the cosmetics slightly- it is a casio, they probably think their g-shocks are subtle. keep the basic sound generating engine but this time let the osc, dcw and amp respond to velocity. you know how your cz gets to be real adult fun when the envelopes fly up and down, well with the cz1 you control the sweeps via your playing. add this to the programming of the envelopes and oh yes- sonicasiochaos. also you can copy the line 1 parameters to line 2, which speeds up the programming. i hate it when the actual programming gets in the way of sound creation. the sonics apart from the velocity are much the same. the envelopes are just as fast, which all danceheads like.
one bit of shock news i have just received is that kawai are stopping producing their k5000 series, this is from their uk distributer so it should be true. now these make cz's look like well behaved children. i will continue this discussion after i have called the bank.

Message 8/16             14-Mar-00  @  01:02 PM   -   RE: cz3000

Jasper

I got a baby cz-101, no velocity, tiny liddle keys.. but I made this bass sound about a year ago and sampled it into my a3000, with a little bit of compression and distortion the thing writes tunes on it's own man!

fuckin - A! at 80 squids it's a bargain.

Message 9/16             15-Mar-00  @  04:37 AM   -   RE: cz3000

ashley

nice to hear other people enjoying the delights of casio ownership. i always find that emu samplers reproduce the bottom end better than rest. try playing some improvised bass runs on your cz-101 straight into your sequencer, edit and pull out the best bits. the fun you can have with the 101 is the short keyboard, so those 2 octave jumps are easy peasy. there is no excuse for not showing a large streak of madness in your own studio. the kawai k5k have been discontinued, i am trying to get hold of the rack version. i have psonic-sweat.

Message 10/16             17-Mar-00  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: cz3000

jonwest

Long live the CZ!!

Message 11/16             21-Mar-00  @  04:41 AM   -   RE: cz3000

ashley

sorry, but i forgot to mention that the cz1 also has more memory and you can detune the sounds when you layer them. so take line 1 add a detuned line1' and layer it up with a detuned version of the same thing. instant thick string sound. yes the cz will live long- they never die
ashley

Message 12/16             24-Apr-00  @  07:29 PM   -   RE: cz3000

petejones

wow found you lot (casio-heads) at last ,I only own fz1(2of)cz230s absolutely fabulous....long live the casio sound,. and yes I too like to keep it quiet and laugh at those who swear by that 303 toy thingy.!!!

Message 13/16             25-Apr-00  @  05:31 AM   -   RE: cz3000

ashley

my casio habit is stuck at 3 at the moment, a cz5000, a vz10m and the latest is a va10. this a mini keyed thingy with a built in vocoder. i would like to updrade to a cz1 and/or vz1, then i can feel like a king of the casio hill. i am never sure if i should go for the horn/sax and guitar that i cant play. if i go down that line i become more of a collector than a player. but sometimes casio kit turns up for next to nothing so i keep an open mind. this is part of what i like about casio, its cheap but professional, old but reliable and it can be easy to use but has a unique sound. the only problem is a slightly noisy output, this does get buried in the mix but i would rather do without any extra noise.
who has the most casio equipment? do i buy an rz, will anyone ever write a history of casio to put the record straight? who doesnt own a casio product be it a watch or whatever, tell me a studio that has never owned a casio keyboard (usually a cz101)??????
ashley

Message 14/16             25-Apr-00  @  08:20 PM   -   RE: cz3000

k

i'm still waiting years for someone to surface who actually owns the casio midi drum kit !!

Message 15/16             26-Apr-00  @  02:29 AM   -   RE: cz3000

ashley

you obviously dont drink in the right pubs. calling all casiophiles, who owns what instruments other than the home keyboards? is there a casio pokemon?
ashley

Message 16/16             24-May-00  @  11:35 PM   -   RE: cz3000

funkbot

far out, just really far out, man ...

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)