aaa casio vz - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: casio vz

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             22-Mar-00  @  10:22 AM   -   casio vz

ashley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

we almost got some life out of the cz chat, does anyone use the fabulous beast that is the casio vz range? i do and i like them very much. if you arent sure just buy one and enjoy. they are so cheap they can be an impulse buy s/h.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             01-Apr-00  @  03:47 PM   -   RE: casio vz

pongoid

Link?:  Link

I've seen a few around, but they always just seem a little exspensive cuz shops are greedy or the people that own them don't really understand them, and want more money cuz they think it's some rocket science machine. ?????

Ape

Message 3/5             11-Apr-00  @  03:18 AM   -   RE: casio vz

ashley

i got my vz10m for £100, good value i think. there is a lot you can do with it. the vz range has a very distinct sound, if you know it you know when to use it. it is funny that yamaha have only recently come out with an 8 operator fm synth, the fs1r, where as the casio had this years ago. dont let anyone rip you off, these are old machines.
ashley

Message 4/5             16-Apr-00  @  05:11 PM   -   RE: casio vz

ivan

I use a VZ-1 as a controller. I like it; a really odd synth if you program it well enough. I like the mixture between digital and analog sound, but a cz synth is a lot easier to use.

It IS a rocket science machine really, deep synth engine, and it's just entering lots of numbers and paging when programming. Not that fun.

A VZ10m is actually good value if you haven't got any FM synths already. You can get some really strange noises out of it..

Message 5/5             17-Apr-00  @  03:54 AM   -   RE: casio vz

ashley

vz1's a great contollers as they have after touch and 3 wheels unless i am mistaken. the graphics on the display help out with the programming of envelopes etc. i have an understanding of fm but my programming is very much poke and hope. yes a cz is a lot easier to program but then again they are 2 very different machines. if you persevere with the vz the unique sounds are worth while. the dx style basses have a more clinical sound which adds an extra dimension to my mixes. i am glad to see people are still using vzs. has anyone checked out the fs1r?
ashley.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)