aaa Casio Sk-1 - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Casio Sk-1

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             20-Jun-00  @  05:58 PM   -   Casio Sk-1

deltasleep

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Hey, i'm looking into buying myself one of these Casio Sk-1s, because they run like $12, and they do that dreadfully tacky sampling bit....i played with one once and i have to say its a goofy instrument. Is there anything i should know about them? When were they made?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             22-Jun-00  @  11:43 PM   -   RE: Casio Sk-1

e

Link?: Link

it is the fucking best keyboard ever...you can use PORTAMENTO on your smples... AWESOME fucking synth....i can even begin to describe the price to performance ratio...

Message 3/8             23-Jun-00  @  09:40 AM   -   RE: Casio Sk-1

deltasleep

Link?: Link

yeah i played with one and it seemed amazing for the price, i'll probably end up giving like $25 thats awesome....
but whats the difference between it and this SK-5 i saw on ebay? was it just a misprint or is it the big brother of the sk-1

Message 4/8             05-Jul-00  @  09:07 PM   -   RE: Casio Sk-1

deltasleep

Link?:  No link

ahhh i just got it in the mail, i have to say that the drums themselves are worth the $15 i payed for this. If anybody could help me a little with figuring out how to use the sampling part on it, i'd be grateful. Man this portamento thing is great, you were right. Hey are 4.5V adapters easy to come by?
dave

Message 5/8             12-Jul-00  @  11:02 AM   -   RE: Casio Sk-1

Kinetik

The SK5 is similar to the SK1.

The SK 5 can actually store a massive FOUR different samples at once and even has a dedicated touch-sensitive pad on the panel to trigger each sample directly.

One major advantage with the SK5 is that you don't loose the samples when you switch off (provided there's still batteries inserted).

I actually owned two of these little beasts a while back, but sold one to a mate a few years ago.

I still own an SK1 and an SK5 and wouldn't part with them for anything !!!

Message 6/8             12-Jul-00  @  04:34 PM   -   RE: Casio Sk-1

deltasleep

yeah i figured out all the stuff on the SK-1, i'd like to find an sk-5, a lady i work with, her kid has one, i'll offer her a few bucks for it, i'm sure she doesn't have a clue, she didn't even know it would sample.....

Message 7/8             25-Jul-00  @  12:44 PM   -   RE: Casio Sk-1

Marc

Just reading through this thread has made me remember I've got an SK-1 somewhere (in the loft ?) I'll have to dig it out (some amazing cheezy drum patterns from what I can remember)

I did come across a SK-1 drums soundfont once (people are weird !)

Marc.

Message 8/8             25-Jul-00  @  09:04 PM   -   RE: Casio Sk-1

deltasleep

Link?:  Link

oh yeah man, the drums are my favorite, i've been using them alot lately. The cymbals sound like a dotmatrix printer....
as far as i can tell the drums are actually just the synth sounds messed up.
interesting

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)