aaa FZTools - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: FZTools

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             05-Aug-00  @  04:33 PM   -   FZTools

tsbates

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am having trouble getting this program to work for me. It teees me "Unable to access the MPU interface at port 0x330. Exiting...." I haven't been able to find the hex value of the the midi port address. The midi interface is plugged into my parallel port, LPT1. Does anybody have some suggestions?

Thanx
tsb

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             11-Aug-00  @  01:08 PM   -   RE: FZTools

NoteIt

Link?: Link

Hi tsb,

330H is the hex value. The default settings for the 401 are interrupt=2 (you're probably using 7 since this is your printer port default) and the address is value is 330H.

I'd suggest contacting the maker of the interface that you are using and confirm that it is 100% MPU 401 compatible.

Also be warned that FZ Tools is a DOS program, and does NOT well under Windows (even in DOS mode). I've had good luck with it using a real 401 card and using the MIDI interface of a couple different sound cards. Be sure that the cards are set-up for the default values of the 401 (you can change it is FZ Tools, but it is one less problem you'll have to deal with).

Good luck, Mike

Message 3/3             27-Aug-00  @  03:01 PM   -   FZTools

sanculamo

Link?: Link

I have problem under win98 using "FZ-DUMP" or "Fz File transfer utility".
Does anybody help me?

Alf

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)