aaa Memory board manufacture - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Memory board manufacture

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             17-Aug-00  @  07:31 AM   -   Memory board manufacture

chris.crosskey

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm looking to make a small run of memory boards for the FZ-1 (basically cos I've got one)...A few years ago I spent a fair long time trying to do it and had to give up mostly cos my PCB making facilities were too crude. There are now sensibly priced web-based PCB manufacturing houses and I'm thinking about giving it another go. The boards would cost less than fifty UKP for a 1Mb version which would be identical to the MB1 apart from using SIMM's (4x256K)....Alternately I could do a 3Mb one that would need some mods done to the FZ motherboard, but it would still basically fit in the memory expansion slot if you remove the original edge connector and its bracket to give yourself a longer run. This would use 12x256k SIMM's. There's no need to worry about the PSU handling it, they are absolute monsters. Another alternate for the 4Mb version would be to use the design someone has posted for accessing a 4Mb SIMM, in which case it would fit in an unmodified slot, but the motherboard would still need the mods.

Chris Crosskey

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             20-Aug-00  @  12:52 AM   -   RE: Memory board manufacture

NoteIt

Link?: Link

Hi Chris,

Exciting news! I think a lot of people would go with the 1 meg board because it requires no modification of the FZ. But that is just my guess.

I assume the prices between the 1, 3 and 4 meg boards would be about the same?

Why don't you post this on some of the news groups and see what sort of a response you get? I would be glad to post something about this on my site. Another place you might want to post is Digital Hell. Get back to me privately if you'd like me to post something about it on my site. Good luck!!!

Best wishes, Mike

Message 3/4             22-Aug-00  @  03:39 AM   -   RE: Memory board manufacture

skconrad

I'm very intereseted in participating in the memory card aquisition.
I do not minf doing mods to the FZ-1 either - I would love having a 4 meg machine. The 4 meg SIMM version sounds best to me.

thanks
Steve Conrad

Message 4/4             21-Dec-00  @  06:54 AM   -   RE: Memory board manufacture

t.g.noyes

Yes yes yes! Just make it financially feasable and easily installable!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)