aaa 4.5 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: 4.5

Viewing all 21 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/21             20-Jul-00  @  06:46 AM   -   4.5

sitar

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

The latest OS, 4.5 is available if anyone is interested. You have to go to File/Save to Folder from the ftp site that opens up when you click on the link at Emagic/Updates.

I couldn't get mine to upgrade from the current version I have which is 4.0.3. Hope anyone else has better luck.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/21             20-Jul-00  @  06:28 PM   -   RE: 4.5

CK

Link?: Link

You need to go to the ftp site and load the 4.00-4.5 updater as the updater on the page is from 4.22-4.5.

Also, they usually install the new executable as a separate version, so you can still use 4.0x, 4.1x, 4.2x. This is very useful when you find they've introduced a new bug that makes it unworkable.

Me, well I'm leaving it a for the moment in case it is full of nasty new bugs!

Message 3/21             20-Jul-00  @  10:02 PM   -   RE: 4.5

sitar

Yea CK, I DL'd the 4.0.3- 4.whatever from their ftp. It gave me a message suggesting that I had 4.0. So I bit the bullet and tried 4.0 to 4.whatever and that gave me another unsuccessful message. I figure it is my good fortune. My Logic version works and you know what they say. If it works, don't fix it.

Message 4/21             21-Jul-00  @  12:16 AM   -   RE: 4.5

pict

Link?:  No link

Sitar I agree stick with what works I mean do you really need surround(WTF)?

Message 5/21             21-Jul-00  @  05:54 AM   -   RE: 4.5

plasticandi

while you are right that you should stick with sonething that worked in the past, you should consider that this is really a major update. it is not just surround, which iīm not interested at all, and which you dont get if you dont own the platinium version. they really improved the audio engine: means lower fader latency(none of it actually), and more stable operation.
also vst instruments now work flawlessly (even native instrumentsīreaktor)
there also had been problems with my soundcard drivers (ews88mt) in the past; everything works perfect now!
conclusion upgrade, try it out, if you encounter major bugs go back to the previous version.

Message 6/21             21-Jul-00  @  05:54 PM   -   RE: 4.5

CK

Link?: Link

Thanks,

Useful information, I'm getting tempted.

Have they fixed the FAT EQ bug introduced in Gold 4.22? It caused a level increase of several db even when all the EQ bands are switched out. In fact I reverted back to 4.14, as it made it useless for mastering with plugins.

To test set an audio track so that it is just below clipping, switch in a FAT EQ in the channel with all the EQ bands switched off or flat and it clips in 4.22/4.23 but not in previous version.If you have an audio track

Also, some the Blueline VST plugins are unusable with 4.14 (I don't think I bothered testing them with 4.22/4.23, due to the above). It sounds like they might work with 4.5 if they've improved the VST2 compatability.

Now all they need to do is to completely rewrite the audio automation side, which is crap, and we'll be there.

By the way the thing I dislike about the audio automation is that it should automatically record fades etc to the A1-16 track or whatever, but it just records them to whatever midi track is active, to my mind this makes it to difficult to be of any use.

Message 7/21             21-Jul-00  @  10:13 PM   -   RE: 4.5

sitar

Yea there are a few reasons for me to upgrade, but why the hell won't the upgrade happen? If any of you read R-Teks thread about those pixie bastards, then the answer is clear.  

Message 8/21             28-Jul-00  @  12:16 AM   -   RE: 4.5

jj

Think: german pixies, watch out motherfuckers!

Message 9/21             02-Aug-00  @  12:37 PM   -   RE: 4.5

sitar

Installed Logic on my new computer and tried the upgrade to 4.5. Still wouldn't upgrade. Wonder what gives???

Message 10/21             10-Aug-00  @  08:04 AM   -   RE: 4.5

sitar

I finally got through to Emagic tech support yesterday. Still can't get 4.5 to install. Tech fellow had me make sure the 4.0.exe wasn't set to read only. Had me trash and reinstall Logic. No dice. He said I should reload Windows 98 because he thinks there is something wrong in the registry, but 4.5 won't complete installation on either of my computers, so I don't think it's a registry issue.

Message 11/21             17-Aug-00  @  11:38 PM   -   RE: 4.5

GT

LOL@surround sound on two speakers!

Message 12/21             18-Aug-00  @  11:55 PM   -   RE: 4.5

sitar

Sure. You just have to spin your chair around. The point is that 4.5 supposedly has an improved audio engine. Right now the improved audio engine is sitting there in a folder on my computer unawares of the computer around it.  

Message 13/21             24-Aug-00  @  12:52 PM   -   RE: 4.5

Mickey

What do you mean with the last sentence ?

Message 14/21             24-Aug-00  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: 4.5

k

ha ha - poor Sitar - man i'd get mean with emagic - cos that is utter bollox

Message 15/21             24-Aug-00  @  05:30 PM   -   RE: 4.5

sitar

Yup. The last sentence Mickey is referring to the fact that I have the 4.03 to 4.5 updater downloaded but it won't update Logic for me. Gets about 1/2 way through and gives me a message saying "cannot update 4.0.exe" or something like that. I've tried every updater they have on their ftp. I posted details on the pc-tech chat forum under Logic update and Windows 98 Registry thread. I'm still haven't done a thorough regedit as you suggested K, but I won't have time for a few days still. Frustrating!

Message 16/21             24-Aug-00  @  05:54 PM   -   RE: 4.5

deepzone

You could just use the radium 4.5 version that's been released recently.Emagic should give you a new cd with 4.5 on it if you can't get it to work and if they won't fuck them and use a cracked version they've got to be the most anal company about copy protection it gets in the way of good business.

Message 17/21             25-Aug-00  @  06:01 PM   -   RE: 4.5

Mickey

deepzone: Are you the _real_ deepZ0ne ?

sitar: try using the smaller updates, that is: 403-404 then 404-411 then 411-422 and 422-45. This has worked for me.

Message 18/21             25-Aug-00  @  09:44 PM   -   RE: 4.5

sitar

Mickey, thanks. I thought of that. Where do I find them though? Everything at emagic.de updates to 4.5 as far as I could see. Do you know where those are available?

Message 19/21             26-Aug-00  @  08:49 PM   -   RE: 4.5

Mickey

ftp2.emagic.de/pub/logic/updwin/platinum

Message 20/21             26-Aug-00  @  08:51 PM   -   RE: 4.5

Mickey

Oh. Sorry - they're not there anymore. They removed them for some reason. Strange. Do you have a public ftp anywhere ? If I find them again, I could post 'em.

Message 21/21             26-Aug-00  @  09:03 PM   -   RE: 4.5

sitar

Thanks Mickey. I'll see what I can find. Nobody said this would be easy.

Viewing all 21 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)