aaa Velocity/Volume Help - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Velocity/Volume Help

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             30-Aug-00  @  07:37 PM   -   Velocity/Volume Help

ang

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I was hoping someone could answer this question, as I've transitioned from Cakewalk to Logic Platinum (Windows).

When I step or real-time record a bass drum, it records velocity information, so when I play back, the beats don't sound even. In Cakewalk, this was an easy fix. In Logic, the only way I know how to fix it is set the Dynamic to 'FIX' and then Velocity to whatever I want it to be. This evens out the sound, but I havea feeling my solution is a band-aid fix. Another approach is to have my master synth not transmit velocity, but I dunno if that's really the right way either. What the best way to fix or even out the volume or velocity of a drum once the sequence has been recorded?

Thanks,
Mark

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             01-Sep-00  @  09:00 AM   -   RE: Velocity/Volume Help

Jasper

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Open matrix view and on one of the menu's at the top there is a section for displaying various control data at the bottom of the patterns.. set it to velocity and you can see all the values

if you select all your notes in the pattern (click drag on the piano keyboard) and then change the tool tip to the velocity icon (press escape and selec the little box with a V in it). click on a note to change the velocity.. because you have all selected it will drag the value up/down until the maximum for one of the notes is reached.. to get round this press and hold the right alt key before clicking on the note you want to change, this way you can drag all the velocities to maximum or whatever.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)