aaa anyone use a matrix 1000? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

22-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: anyone use a matrix 1000?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             13-Apr-00  @  05:37 PM   -   anyone use a matrix 1000?

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hardly ever gets a mention this rack, despite it's real analog and you can chain units together to get bigger poly... anyone got any music up on the www which uses the matrix at all?... i'd like to to hear some...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             16-Apr-00  @  05:18 PM   -   RE: anyone use a matrix 1000?

ivan

I've heard most of Nitzer Ebb's "Showtime" is Matrix 6 sounds. I don't know, but it might be true...

Message 3/7             17-Apr-00  @  04:51 AM   -   RE: anyone use a matrix 1000?

ashley

try most things by the aloof

Message 4/7             24-Apr-00  @  08:22 PM   -   RE: anyone use a matrix 1000?

funkbot

Link?: Link

click the link and check out "the jammy jam" ... a matrix6r does the step-and-hold tweaky stuff in the beginning, and the 303ish sounding stuff later on. the matrix6r and matrix1000 are apparently the same architecture. i think the only difference is that you have to use software to edit the 1000. i think the matrix has a really good sound. if i found a good deal on a second-hand 1000, i'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Message 5/7             25-Apr-00  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: anyone use a matrix 1000?

k

he heh - hey Xoxos sent me over a copy on his cd of your 'fertiliser' track... that is some metal shit man... it musta took you like 4 years to programme !!!... i've never heard such complexed drum & bass in my life !!...

Message 6/7             26-Apr-00  @  02:13 AM   -   RE: anyone use a matrix 1000?

funkbot

i appreciate the compliment! just lots of cutting and pasting in cakewalk ... not a very musical approach in my opinion, because it's really just drawing in the end, and it was so tedious that it no longer seemed fun. We're trying to go for a different approach now, spending more time programming the synths instead of pulling dirty tricks in the computer. I've never heard any or your music kilo: i imagine it's pretty impressive.

Message 7/7             26-Apr-00  @  02:17 AM   -   RE: anyone use a matrix 1000?

funkbot

oh, there's another good example of the matrix6r, kilo: the basic pad sound in the beginning--that's the matrix. totally basic patch, just the filters opening up, but the filters on the matrix are so gorgeous! some of those matrix synth choir sounds make me want to dust off some old tomita records!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)