aaa Does an agp video make a difference? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Does an agp video make a difference?

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             28-Aug-00  @  03:30 AM   -   Does an agp video make a difference?

novice

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm trying to squeeze as much processing power from my pIII machine as much as possible. I'm currently using a voodoo 3000 pci right now with 128 megs of ram. I want my pc to run logic audio along side other soft synth programs (using 2 soundcards of course) without strain. Has anyone noticed a difference with using a pci video card and an agp card?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             28-Aug-00  @  08:46 AM   -   RE: Does an agp video make a difference?

pict

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

If you have a pci graphic card that uses bus mastering then it can interfere with the operation of the sound cards in some case quite seriously basically it can demand resources that are needed for the normal operation of your soundcard.I'd go for an agp card it's on its own separate bus and then you can be sure that it will have the least effect on your audio.For what you want to do(soft synths and logic)I'd recommend more ram logic alone prefers 128mb buy as much ram as you can afford.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)