aaa .asd <--- browser file format??? DOAH!!! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: .asd <--- browser file format??? DOAH!!!

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             07-Sep-00  @  12:20 AM   -   .asd <--- browser file format??? DOAH!!!

MEGA.TINO

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

alright this is disturbing... first off I'm a webdesigner doing exclusivly html for a small marketing firm (provided i did put in my two weeks a few days ago). Anyway i'm starting to see other desigers puting sights up with a .asd file extension and they look good... real good. If anybody can shed any light on this for me I would really appreciate it, cuz im feeling pretty dumb right now.

NOTSOMEGA.TINO

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             07-Sep-00  @  08:33 AM   -   RE: .asd <--- browser file format??? DOAH!!!

99devils

Never heard of it.

-Craig

Message 3/8             07-Sep-00  @  09:04 AM   -   RE: .asd <--- browser file format??? DOAH!!!

k

dont you mean .asp ??

Message 4/8             07-Sep-00  @  11:23 AM   -   RE: .asd <--- browser file format??? DOAH!!!

MEGA.TINO

yeah thats it, thanx k - .asp file format. What do you guys know about this? I only have one more week of being a designer but still it would be nice to know.

MEGA.TINO

Message 5/8             07-Sep-00  @  02:22 PM   -   RE: .asd <--- browser file format??? DOAH!!!

99devils

ASP = Active Server Pages

It's a way to embed back-end server side processing/database connectivity to websites. The syntax is far far far uglier than Cold Fusion, and is specific to Microsoft's IIS server.

It's also got nothing to do with the artistic design quality of the site, merely a way of connecting back-end functionality to a website.

Web design is like music - the latest shit-hot tool is no substitute for good design, solid HTML fundamentals, etc...

-Craig
-Craig

Message 6/8             07-Sep-00  @  02:36 PM   -   RE: .asd <--- browser file format??? DOAH!!!

k

yes... the dreaded asp !! - favourite coding choice of yuppie female 'project managers' who are 'in charge' of setting up the company website  

Message 7/8             07-Sep-00  @  03:02 PM   -   RE: .asd <--- browser file format??? DOAH!!!

99devils

Or managers with large holdings of Microsoft stock.

Really, if you're going to learn an app server or middleware, don't learn ASP. It's very complicated. Cold Fusion is way easier.

-Craig

Message 8/8             07-Sep-00  @  07:41 PM   -   RE: .asd <--- browser file format??? DOAH!!!

GT

Stop the 800 pound greedy gorilla, and implement PHP mates.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)