aaa Controllin' my synths effects from VST, how? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Controllin' my synths effects from VST, how?

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12             20-Apr-98  @  08:52 PM   -   Controllin' my synths effects from VST, how?

unity69

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

First of all I'd like to thank mr.Kilo for this marvellous chat area once again. Isn't he just a brilliant guy inventing an area like this?

I've got KORG 01/W and CUBASE VST. I would like to set up effects in 01/W from the VST screen for each tune differently. How is it done? Does it have something to do with these studiodrivers and mixermaps?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             21-Apr-98  @  06:10 AM   -   RE: Controllin' my synths effects from VST, how?

kilo

do you mean the actual fx unit inside the korg ?.... or d'you mean a straight mixer map controlling the synths parameters .... i dunno about the mixer map, there may be one for the 01w... but if the internal fx can take midi continuous controllers, then you can set that up simply in the control section in the edit window, and draw in the controllers with a pencil tool.....you could build reverb depth over time with continuous controller data...... the mixer maps......you load em in the setup mixermaps bit....

set a track as a MIX track..... then click on the track pane area and create a part between marker L & R

when you double click on it, it opens a default 16 channel volume and pan setup, but with a tool box, you can create objects.... as each object is created, you set-up it parameters and choose it's shape.... once it appears on the screen, you can slect the arrow tool, and double clicking allows you to size the controller you jusat built.... also to drag it around and position it.... i never use em i confess so i know little..... but there is a learn button.... work it out i guess... but all the parameters are there to be set.... max level, min level.... type of controller , output channel etc etc .....

you can set up and record snapshots at different song positions... or rcord continual i guess........ any experts ?

Message 3/12             21-Apr-98  @  07:53 AM   -   RE: Controllin' my synths effects from VST, how?

unity69

Yeah, I mean like I would have 2 miditracks recorded in VST (let's say strings and leadstab). Now I'd like to set one of the Korgs effectprocessors to produce hall-effect to the strings and the other processors to produce some flanger to the leadstab.

Using Korg01/W's internal sequencer I would set hall to Korgs outputs A+B and flanger to C+D. Then I would give strings normal pan value and for leadstab I would set panvalue "C+D".

From the VST's miditrack inspector I can't set Korg's panvalue to C+D because it's further right than value 127 in VST. And how do I set up what effect effects processor 1 and 2 produce in Korg's internal effects?

Pretty complicated, but that's the deal with this stuff anyway, huh? So anybody got a clue what I'm trying to say?

Message 4/12             21-Apr-98  @  01:39 PM   -   RE: Controllin' my synths effects from VST, how?

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

hehehe, I never thought you'd go this far to brown-nose, Kilo ;)~

Maybe you could get a MixerMap archive going.

Message 5/12             21-Apr-98  @  06:22 PM   -   RE: Controllin' my synths effects from VST, how?

kilo

ha bloody hah..... tell you what tho.... it'd certainly help a few people out if they go for it....

that is a real tough question anyhow now it's clearer.... above my capabilities......

Message 6/12             21-Apr-98  @  11:52 PM   -   RE: Controllin' my synths effects from VST, how?

Unity69

Yeah... gettin' answers is what this forum is all about. I guess. So Hilary my friend. It would be so easy to set up a nice fight with you since you don't seem to be able to separate arse-licking from humour. But let's not do it here. Maybe the Rant Drivel Slag area would be more suitable for your needs?

Message 7/12             22-Apr-98  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: Controllin' my synths effects from VST, how?

Hilevelt

Hilary?!? Some how I get the impression Kilo ain't stressin' over it too much, kiddo, so why don't you, uh, "bugger off" till you learn to separate the little jab I gave him from the ass-whooping you'd get if you ever stepped foot in my neighborhood. Little bitch ;)

Message 8/12             24-Apr-98  @  12:28 AM   -   RE: Controllin' my synths effects from VST, how?

kilo

er...... yup.... Hili is cool mate.... i know his joking...... anyway......... carry on.....

Message 9/12             24-Apr-98  @  06:57 AM   -   RE: Controllin' my synths effects from VST, how?

unity69

Uuuh.. sounds kinky. I'm really looking forward to that ass-whooping whatever it means. Take it easy with me. I'm not so good in english so the impressions I get out of your comments varies depending on my current mood.

Anyway Hilli-boy.. Do you have VST? Or are u just giving your fingers a workout writing 'bout your fantasies?

Any other VST users here?

Message 10/12             24-Apr-98  @  08:02 AM   -   RE: Controllin' my synths effects from VST, how?

kilo

well, i nearly had it again...... on one of the machines i bunged in a tsb card with a tsenglabs ts6000 chip.... you can turn off the quebuffering with a system ini command.... then i set it to less colours....and yes.... it did it.....i tell you... i had a 2 bar 16th drum loop going in time !!!.... then it went away.....weird.....

Message 11/12             24-Apr-98  @  08:04 AM   -   RE: Controllin' my synths effects from VST, how?

kilo

well, i nearly had it again on the mmx 200...... on one of the machines i bunged in a tsb card with a tsenglabs ts6000 chip.... you can turn off the que-buffering thing with a system ini command.... then i set it to less colours....and yes.... it did it.....i tell you... i had a 2 bar 16th drum loop going in time !!!.... then it went away.....weird.....i thought i'd cracked it....it seems to be odd.... well. I'll have another crack at the P2 system & amd system.... and report back....

Message 12/12             24-Apr-98  @  08:15 AM   -   RE: Controllin' my synths effects from VST, how?

Hilevelt

Yeah, yesterday I was using the arpeggiator and it somehow shut off the midi out's right in the middle of recording the line! The guy I was working with was screaming, and me just frustrated as fuck. After 2 minutes of trying to solve it I simply restarted Cubase and it was perfect! (BTW, that's the #1 studio tip you can ever tell someone: just turn it off. Kid you not, from ProTools to especially analog equip and mixers; with analog it has something to do with sending that burst through the lines)

Another syncing quirk: don't even bother trying to run Cubase and Rebirth simultaneously if you're tweaking lines and use the audio side of Cubase. The midi stays good, though.

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)