aaa So...what's GOOD about VST - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: So...what's GOOD about VST

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             28-Apr-98  @  05:29 AM   -   So...what's GOOD about VST

Houseman

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

What makes VST so good? I'd like to see some posts pointing out the best things about VST.

Anybody?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             28-Apr-98  @  01:39 PM   -   RE: So...what's GOOD about VST

unity69

Yeah.. u propably have seen us pointing out the bad sides of the VST most of the time.

I like my VST a lot. It's flexible, it's like Virtual Studio Technology. All the real time effects for audio are really good. You can get some more for free from the net.. such as compressors, flangers, tempo-delays, trance-mitters (yeah!).

Message 3/5             05-May-98  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: So...what's GOOD about VST

kilo

the drum map is GOD !!......

Message 4/5             08-May-98  @  12:15 AM   -   RE: So...what's GOOD about VST

DIGS

There are a lot of great things about VST.Many of which you can get in other software packages!!!!BUT....BUT...you will pay three times more.In club cubase this month there is an article talking about how grey the line between VST($400.00 US)and cubase audio XT($800.00 US)has gotten.It is also so common that developers are focusing on programs that are compatible.COMPATIBILITY IS A PLUS

DIGS

Message 5/5             08-May-98  @  03:19 PM   -   RE: So...what's GOOD about VST

Clemens.Kurtz

Hi!

I do sequencing jobs with Cubase for a long time now. First I started with Cubits on Atari, later I updated to Cubase for PC and VST. But I know Emagic Logic and a little bit of Cakewalk as well.

Cubase has still some bugs and unpleasant features, but other sequencing programs too. I like most the clear structure of Cubase, the drum-editor and the mixermaps. The new VST technology is a real step in the future, even if there are actually some questions concerning timing problems, PC performance and so on.

The most I curse is the Steinberg hotline. From marketing point of view it would be better, they stop all support activities and give an order to a professional hotline company to do the hotline job for the Cubase productline.

But in the end, Cubase is one of the best sequencing programs available.

Ciao

Clemens

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)