aaa More midi sounds on a standard soundcard ? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: More midi sounds on a standard soundcard ?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             23-Jul-98  @  01:00 PM   -   More midi sounds on a standard soundcard ?

gjdseale

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have cubase vst 3.5 and am running it on my new laptop which will eventually be encorporated into a studio setup, but at the momment is there any way of getting more midi sounds, banks etc with use of only standard soundcard, please help ?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             25-Jul-98  @  10:22 PM   -   RE: More midi sounds on a standard soundcard ?

sox

Link?:  Link

Not a chance. They don't put wavetable rom on laptop soundcards. Some of the newer ones incorporate 32bit wavetable synthesis (mine has it) but you're still limited to the sounds on the card itself.
Unfortunatately they didn't give me a driver to access those wavetable sounds over software such as VST so I can't use them (yet).

sox

Message 3/4             20-Aug-98  @  01:47 PM   -   RE: More midi sounds on a standard soundcard ?

BABYTAZ

Link?:  No link

I AM LOOKING FOR SOME THING FOR A SOUND CARD IT IS"" YAMAHA-LSI AUDIO WAVE"""
""WAVE TABLE SOUND"""

Message 4/4             20-Aug-98  @  09:22 PM   -   RE: More midi sounds on a standard soundcard ?

sox

Link?:  Link

uuuh, could you rephrase that?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)