aaa Timing Problems - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Timing Problems

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             31-Jul-98  @  08:55 PM   -   Timing Problems

Looneyfreaks

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Does anyone ever have any timing problems? Sometimes after I record my drum pattern and cubase VST runs for a while I notice that the beat begins to drift off sync???? Any suggestions? Should I change any settings? Also when I record audio it seems to stop or slow down? I should have enough memory. I am using a PC 200mhz with 96 megs of ram? owell any suggestions please email me .
Thanks.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             01-Aug-98  @  10:03 AM   -   RE: Timing Problems

fabio_fish

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Timing probles are due to different things:
*amount of Memory (You have enought)
*HD speed
depends on your HD type. I had IDE Hd and the timing problem was very hard. I buyed an UltraDma Hd and the thing seems solved. The best thing would be a SCSI Hd.

*Background tasks
Generally with Windows 95 there are some programs that starts while you are doing other things. When what you are doing is music you can have problems. One of this programs can be Findfast or some Norton Utility or other things.
When you have a timing problem check what it's going on in windows with Ctrl-Alt-Canc. You'll see the whole list.
Explorer, Sys32 have to run, but if you find something else kill it (kill application or something like that).
I had many problems with FindFast (that normally starts every 2 hours), with Norton Disk Doctor and with other application Doctor-like that monitor the system continously.
That's all
Hope it's useful

Ciao
Fabio

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)