aaa Cubase VST and Layla are driving me NUTS - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Cubase VST and Layla are driving me NUTS

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             18-Aug-98  @  06:37 AM   -   Crash,Lock-up,Re-start

lowz

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Anyone have any suggestions for configuring?
My system: PII 350mhz, 128mb SDRAM (100mhz), all SCSI sys w/ 2-4.5gb hd's(both 7.9ms and 7200rpm, Adaptec 2940UW, Sony 948S Burner, Layla, VST 3.55, Sound Forge XP 4.0,
win/98.
I just got the system Friday 8/14, brand-spankin' new set-up. Nothing on it but the audio stuff.

Why in the hell does it lock up every 10-20min? I worked in CD Architect for 3+hours tonight
with no problems, and opened VST and got locked up 3 times in 15 minutes.

Someone please give me any suggestions that may help!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             18-Aug-98  @  06:39 AM   -   RE: Cubase VST and Layla are driving me NUTS

lowz

PS to earlier message, I have no MIDI gear connected, strictly Audio at this point.
Any help would be appreciated!

Message 3/7             19-Aug-98  @  12:24 AM   -   RE: Cubase VST and Layla are driving me NUTS

brett.adams

Does it give you a message when it locks up or does it just not respond? What makes you think it's layla? I almost have the same system as you and have no problems. What mother do you have? I tried layla in a PI on a FIC motherboard and it locked up all the time. I imagine your got the BX440 chipset, If so then there's a IRQ conflict or something similar. Make sure everything in system devices says, "This device is working properly".

Message 4/7             21-Aug-98  @  03:41 PM   -   RE: Cubase VST and Layla are driving me NUTS

john-adrian.holt

Well, I've got a GINA, and that will only work if the PCI bus is running at 66Mhz or less. This was acknowledged by the Event distributors here in Germany. (I was running my bus at 75Mhz, and the GINA kept crashing.)
If you are using a 350Mhz Pentium II, you are probably using a PCI bus speed of 100Mhz which is then multiplied by 3.5 for the CPU.

I hope this helps.

Message 5/7             02-Sep-98  @  09:46 AM   -   RE: Cubase VST and Layla are driving me NUTS

kilo

mine does the same at 66mhz....every 15 mins roughly....lock up....screen-freeze... no way out except to restart & scandisk....fuck !!!

Message 6/7             03-Sep-98  @  03:30 AM   -   RE: Cubase VST and Layla are driving me NUTS

I'm telling you it's your motherboard. The chipset has to be compatitble as does the 2.1 PCI compliance. If not you get what you're getting. I know, I've been through it!

Message 7/7             05-Sep-98  @  05:51 PM   -   RE: Cubase VST and Layla are driving me NUTS

lowz

Thanks for your responses. My problems seemed to stem from a bad video card. I replaced it and have had
smooth sailing since. Layla performance is o.k., hopefully better when ASIO drivers are installed.
Thanks again-

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)