aaa Accessing Synths in VST??HELP!! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Accessing Synths in VST??HELP!!

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             29-Aug-98  @  02:44 AM   -   Accessing Synths in VST??HELP!!

rocktone

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've got a couple of Soundcard/synths' (Yamaha SW60XG & AWE64G with soundfont)

I'm new to VST....but in Cakewalk Pro Audio...there are Instrument definitions for different synths and you simply accces the synth voices directly in Cakewalk.

How does this work in VST? I've opened the XG editor in VST but it only utilizes the 128 GM voices of the synth...and not the other 400 to 500 voices.

Any help would be great.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             30-Aug-98  @  06:39 PM   -   RE: Accessing Synths in VST??HELP!!

Clemens.Kurtz

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi!

At the moment thereīs no chance to choose the XG voices by name like cakewalk does !

The Studio-Module offers a wide range for lots of synths to administrate voices and other settings, but the range of banks in the Studio Module is limited to max. 32 (!) banks. And XG offers a range of 128 banks.

The only way to switch all XG banks (and voices) is to use the BankSel MSB/LSB and ProgChange method or to use a mixermap (but with those mixermaps you canīt give names to the voices. Fucking shit).

Looks like this functionality of selecting XG voices by name will come with VST version 3.6 (I hope it will cos I use XG equipment and VST too).

Ciao

Clemens

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)