aaa Perfect system for VST\24 on IBM-PC??? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Perfect system for VST\24 on IBM-PC???

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             11-Oct-98  @  12:28 AM   -   Perfect system for VST\24 on IBM-PC???

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Now that I have the new Steinberg Producer Pack with VST\24 and Wavelab 2.0 for the PC I want to upgrade my system to be an extreme digital recording machine, I am planing on getting a PII 350-450 and an Intel 440BX motherboard and a 128 megs of SDRAM, If any one has any opinions on what CPU, MB, and amount of RAM Ishould get please help me ou,t I want to get a great performing machine.

P.S. If you know any thing about dual proccesors performance let me know!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             11-Oct-98  @  10:43 AM   -   RE: Perfect system for VST\24 on IBM-PC???

I am right now setting up a system with a celeronA & BH6 MB, where I will try to install layla and gina also.

turns out I need a new case and power supply.

Does AGP slot take up an expansion slot on the CASE* or does the case have a special agp slot? I see cases with 7 but none with 8, so what do I do? how does that work??

Message 3/6             12-Oct-98  @  09:30 AM   -   RE: Perfect system for VST\24 on IBM-PC???

Clemens

... donīt use a Celeron !

P 400, 128 MB RAM, SCSI-equipment (controller, HD, CD, CDR) works fine.

Message 4/6             14-Oct-98  @  06:29 PM   -   RE: Perfect system for VST\24 on IBM-PC???

AudioPro21

Well, I am just up grading my current EIDE computer's mother board and cpu. I wish I could go SCSIthen all of Wavelabs audio features would be available to me, but SCSI is too expensive. I heard there was problems with VST and certain chipsets??? How dose your video card affect VST performance???

Message 5/6             20-Oct-98  @  11:59 PM   -   RE: Perfect system for VST\24 on IBM-PC???

midibots

I have two systems PII 400 & amd k62 300
both systems work fine using vst I have about 6 hard drives in the amd k62 system and a cd recorder.
I am able to do direct to disk and burn cd's on my ultra 33 hard drives, Now PII's are the standard but if you need to save money or put your resources some where else (sound cards etc..), by all means get a k62 makes some money then by a PII.

if you need more spec's on the amd k62 try tom's hardware page. It is a very good page full of fair and no hype information that will help you with any system.

Message 6/6             28-Oct-98  @  06:58 PM   -   RE: Perfect system for VST\24 on IBM-PC???

rob

Windows 95/98 do not take advantage of dual processors. Only Windows NT does (at the moment).

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)