aaa Will VST work OK with this config? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Will VST work OK with this config?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             29-Oct-98  @  12:37 PM   -   Will VST work OK with this config?

ray.nash

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I want to do audio/midi recording, I am a cubase novice, will this config be OK. Please be critical as I haven't bought it yet.

Intel 300Mhz Pentium® II Processor with MMX® technology
Intel® LX AGP Chipset
ATX Form Factor Motherboard
32MB SDRAM (384Mb max)
512k Second Level Cache
3.5" - 1.44MB Floppy Drive
4.3Gb Ultra DMA Hard Disk
56.6 Built in Modem
32 Speed CD ROM Drive
Built-in sockets for:
USB (Universal Serial Bus)
PS/2 Keyboard
PS/2 Mouse
VGA
2 Serial UART, 1 Parallel ECP port
Complies with DMI 2.0
ATI 3D RAGE IIC AGP Graphics 4Mb
Expansion Slots (5 PCI, 2 ISA)
Five Drive bays (3 x 3.5", 2 x 5.24")
Support for Ultra DMA/33 Hard Disks

Thanks

Ray

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             29-Oct-98  @  03:54 PM   -   RE: Will VST work OK with this config?

melon

If you want to use Cubase, and you haven't committed yourself to any hardware yet, you might be better off considering a Mac. Cubase VST seems to have 2 major problems on PCs:

1) It can crash a lot
2) MIDI-Timing can be sloppy.

Perhaps these problems will have been solved with 3.6, but somehow I doubt it.

Message 3/4             30-Oct-98  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: Will VST work OK with this config?

AudioPro21

Don't buy a MAC, I don't think VST has these problems, I think it must be peoples config. Because my MIDI Timing is fine and VST has crashed only once in the six months I have had it. But you should go SCSI and buy a card from EVENT, don't use any of those SB consumer type cards and 32Megs of RAM isn't going to cut it either!!!

Message 4/4             02-Nov-98  @  10:31 AM   -   RE: Will VST work OK with this config?

kilo

scsi may be relevent if you need mucho tracks... otherwise no... that system should get 16 ok...... as the man says 32mb no way...64mb at least..... maybe try to get a 100mhz bus motherboard if that one is not....?......basically, it's a cheap P2 unit there.... about 500 quids worth without the monitor new, at current prices,....so it can be upgraded no probs.... i wouldnt recommend vst tho... yes yes... i know it can work.... and i know it does for some people..... i just find it sloppy, and not solid..... and the audio file section is toilet

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)