aaa Problem w/delay plug in HELP!!!!! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Problem w/delay plug in HELP!!!!!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             03-Nov-98  @  05:02 PM   -   Problem w/delay plug in HELP!!!!!

celtic_98

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I finsihed up a few songs, vocals included. I then went to add delay from the stereo delay to the vocals but it makes my vocal come in slow. Off time it seems.
why is that? Should I use another plug in? The one I have is the one that came with Cubase. Also the espacial is no use not long enough delay?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             03-Nov-98  @  06:19 PM   -   RE: Problem w/delay plug in HELP!!!!!

Kelaperse

Maybe you have used the delay effect in the insert section? Effects like delay and reverb should be mixed with dry signal using effect sends.

Message 3/4             03-Nov-98  @  09:56 PM   -   RE: Problem w/delay plug in HELP!!!!!

So how do you do that? Your right I am using the insert effect? How do I do it the way your saying????

Message 4/4             04-Nov-98  @  12:07 PM   -   RE: Problem w/delay plug in HELP!!!!!

kilo

that is the problem... delay should be used in the send & return setup... what it sounds like you're doing is sending the entire signal thru the delay... so no wonder it is delayed !!... cos you're not hearing the original... just the delay version... which is of course... delayed.... delay is an 'additive' effect.... you add it to the original....

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)