aaa Low volume levels when burning CD - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Low volume levels when burning CD

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             09-Dec-98  @  05:25 AM   -   Low volume levels when burning CD

lk51

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I get low volume levels when I burn Cubase songs to a CDR. I export "hot" levels but they are low compared to "commercial" CDs. I use EZ CD Creator, do I need a mastering program?
Any good ones?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             09-Dec-98  @  12:10 PM   -   RE: Low volume levels when burning CD

melon

Sounds like your mixes would benefit from a bit of compression to bring the levels up. Here's a few suggestions: Waves Ultramaximizer, Waves Renaissance Compressor, Steinberg Loudness Maximizer, Steinberg Magneto. These are all quite expensive. On the other hand you might get good results with dave brown's free plugins,
which include a compressor.

Message 3/5             11-Dec-98  @  02:24 PM   -   RE: Low volume levels when burning CD

Kelaperse

I've used the Dave Brown ProComp in compressing single tracks and whole mix as well. I mostly use +3db soft limiter preset at the master section. I guess the quality is more than ok considering the ProComps price.

What kind of guidelines would you give me compressing / limiting at the master section for punchy sound?

Message 4/5             13-Dec-98  @  11:19 AM   -   RE: Low volume levels when burning CD

melon

I'm no authority on compression ( I just use presets which do the job I require). There was a thread in the main "Music and Tech" area some time ago which dealt with this subject, and I think there was a link to a "compression" website or something. Have a search! Kilo might know a thing or two, too!

Message 5/5             15-Dec-98  @  09:40 PM   -   RE: Low volume levels when burning CD

I was having the same problem, when burning. I used daves compressor.It did bring up the overall volume a little but, it is still low compared to commercial cd.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)