aaa Cubase less stable than Cakewalk? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Cubase less stable than Cakewalk?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             14-Dec-98  @  07:23 PM   -   Cubase less stable than Cakewalk?

Stez

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've tried Cubase VST and found it to crash all over the shop and so changed to Cakewalk Pro8 which I've found more stable, much more stable. BUT I want to buy recycle next and I don't have a sampler. I've read Cubase VST will enable me to use Recycle without an outboard sampler and I doubt if Cakewalk will.
I'm running a AMD K6-2 PC and would like to go back to cubase for Recycle and the plugins but am hesitant due to it's unstability.
Any ideas ?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             17-Dec-98  @  06:47 PM   -   RE: Cubase less stable than Cakewalk?

Bl

VST 3.553 can only use the recycle format used in the Mac version NOT the PC version of recycle. Recycle breaks wave into small pieces of audio that you can insert into cakewalk or cubase. Hope this helps.

Message 3/9             14-Jan-99  @  07:41 AM   -   RE: Cubase less stable than Cakewalk?

Don

I've heard that your processor is the biggest problem with VST. The sites I've visited suggest using only official Intel chips with VST becuase the Cyrix and AMD chips don't support the floating point commands as well.

Message 4/9             14-Jan-99  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: Cubase less stable than Cakewalk?

Clemens

What should I answer..... I´m a VST fan, but...
Cakewalk is more stable, thats a fact....

I´ve tested Cakewalk and finally installed on my PC.

Cakewalk (8.0) is a great sequencer software !

But: for audio recording and effects VST has a better handling and one of the main feature of VST is the possibility to mix effects to the audio tracks while the
song is playing. No prelisten neccesary. Thats what I´m
missing in Cakewalk....

Message 5/9             14-Jan-99  @  02:21 PM   -   RE: Cubase less stable than Cakewalk?

Clemens

What should I answer..... I´m a VST fan, but...
Cakewalk is more stable, thats a fact....

I´ve tested Cakewalk and finally installed on my PC.

Cakewalk (8.0) is a great sequencer software !

But: for audio recording and effects VST has a better handling and one of the main feature of VST is the possibility to mix effects to the audio tracks while the
song is playing. No prelisten neccesary. Thats what I´m
missing in Cakewalk....

Message 6/9             15-Jan-99  @  08:59 AM   -   RE: Cubase less stable than Cakewalk?

sox

Link?:  Link

You should save the cash and get Wave Surgeon instead of Recycle.
Food for thought: Wave Surgeon is £17. How much is Recycle?
We should be supporting the smaller programmers more instead of the big corporations.

sox

Message 7/9             15-Jan-99  @  03:28 PM   -   RE: Cubase less stable than Cakewalk?

Clemens

... sox.... you are right! Wave Surgeon is really good
bargain.

Message 8/9             15-Jan-99  @  07:19 PM   -   RE: Cubase less stable than Cakewalk?

kilo

yes it is... and it works with soundfonts & a3000 as well.... the resulting snips can be loaded to soundfont format....

Message 9/9             15-Jan-99  @  07:25 PM   -   RE: Cubase less stable than Cakewalk?

kilo

so Clemens are you saying that you cant setup and hear a directx fx on cakewalk 8 whilst it is playing?..... you should switch to logic mate... whoops... i said it again.... damn.... must say what i like about the Logic mixer is the fact that ALL the parameters you need to adjust are there.... with VST you have to open all those bloody stupid windows... so... lets say you want to put a delay fx on a vocal... what do you need...?... well you need to be able to: Adjust the effect... , adjust the vocal fader relative to the delay output... you need to adjust the delay return output too and maybe tweak the channel eq....... now with vst that means ... open mixer... open the fx rack... open the actual fx window... and unless you clear a space, each time you switch to quickly adjust one of the parameters... all the other bloody windows dissapear to the back... what a pain in the arse.... so that is another bonus for Logic too me... fast working.... everything is visible on the mixer at the same time..... (and the EQ is WAY superior...)

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)