aaa Terratec EWS64 (Anyone happy??) - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Terratec EWS64 (Anyone happy??)

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             22-Dec-98  @  12:29 AM   -   Terratec EWS64 (Anyone happy??)

Reuben

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm using VST3.6 with a Pentium 200MMX, 64MB Ram and a Roland JV1080. I'm just about to move from a Soundblaster AWE64 which gave pretty crummy audio to a Terratec EWS64. I just ordered the card but now notice all sorts of problems posted in newsgroups etc regarding audio synch with this card. Is there anyont out there happy with their Terratec EWS64 or should I cancel my order and go for something else??

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             06-Jan-99  @  12:21 PM   -   RE: Terratec EWS64 (Anyone happy??)

e.macarthur

I have a system exactly like yours; 200mmx pentium, 64mb ram. (Scsi hard disk etc.).
The sound quality of the terratec is excellent, and the synth capabilities amazing for a soundcard.
The system is very confusing to figure out (After a year I finally understand what the mixer routings do... I hope).
Sync problems are intermittent. Sometimes I can record overdubs in perfect sync, with lots of other audio and midi tracks running. Then, the next take will be out of sync, even with identical settings. Iv'e been told that the latest cubase vst 3.602 will improve matters (and terratec are still working on asio drivers). So, the ews64xl is great, but can cause headaches.

Message 3/3             08-Jan-99  @  06:47 AM   -   RE: Terratec EWS64 (Anyone happy??)

tristan

How much do these run and how many midi and stereo ports are there?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)