aaa kilo - ok... i repent...... - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: kilo - ok... i repent......

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             01-Jan-99  @  05:42 PM   -   kilo - ok... i repent......

kilo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

after installing direct-x version 6, my tahiti is now recognised as a direct-x card.... and i have had the chance to play with a latest version VST for a week... oh dear... it works fine !!!!!!!...... yes... even with my crappy Tahiti.... and... i have rebirth sync'd fine too.... shit !!...... it let me create a 350 bar rebirth composition, and then whilst replaying still in sync, it even lets me record additional midi keyboard parts over the top.... and no crashing !!!..... clock is not as strong as logic still, but good enuff for most cases of working..... excellent !!..... seems the proggie is improving as it gets updated.....well, that is with beleive it or not, a p200mmx !.... so with a p2, it would be even smoother..... rebirth takes about 2 bars to sync in.... after which it is fine.... I'm impressed !!..... just wish it had Logic's audio-file folder protocol, and Logic's loop facility & that simple thing it has to set a loop to tempo, like acid.....very fast & simple to acheive.....

kilo

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             11-Jan-99  @  03:41 AM   -   RE: kilo - ok... i repent......

CWa9150462

That's refreshing. You had me leary of Cubase for awhile.
Thanks-CWa

Message 3/6             11-Jan-99  @  04:46 PM   -   RE: kilo - ok... i repent......

kilo

oh... it still looses the card in ALL cases I know of.. on a regular basis.... the Gina for example is more stable... but it still looses the Gina several times during a session.... you have to shut down the proggie after saving... restart and work again... what a pain.... yes... most problems are getting better... but still I will stick with Logic... cos for example... I dont want a degree in rockt science just to match a tempo with a loop... in Logic it is 2 clicks... In VST after following the manual and trying for an hour, still couldnt do it... all that set M points bollox.... christ... didnt they ever here of function buttons ??....

Message 4/6             13-Jan-99  @  10:33 AM   -   RE: kilo - ok... i repent......

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Kilo???? Are you getting senile? "Fit audio to loop range"-highlight loop range up top-adjust audio, etc etc. Easy, though a little too smart, sometimes I'd like to just pitch it up so you don't hear the cuts (the same cuts you hear in acid). M-points is different, more like working w/ recycle. Very nice for building your own loops.

Message 5/6             13-Jan-99  @  10:37 AM   -   RE: kilo - ok... i repent......

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Kilo???? Are you getting senile? "Fit audio to loop range"-highlight loop range up top-adjust audio, etc etc. Easy, though a little too smart, sometimes I'd like to just pitch it up so you don't hear the cuts (the same cuts you hear in acid). M-points is different, more like working w/ recycle. Very nice for building your own loops.

Message 6/6             13-Jan-99  @  10:22 PM   -   RE: kilo - ok... i repent......

kilo

i said you can do all the smart stuff too... but it is way faster for simple stuff you need to do alot....

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)