aaa cheap sound card w/muliple midi ports w/cubas - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: cheap sound card w/muliple midi ports w/cubas

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/1             08-Jan-99  @  06:43 AM   -   cheap sound card w/muliple midi ports w/cubas

tristan

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I will soon be purchasing a PC with a 400+ mhz Pentium II and I will be using Cubase VST/24.

I am trying to find what I need and nothing more in a sound card and multi-cable midi
interface.

I will need 1 midi in and preferably 4 midi outs (although 3 will do).

I really don't need much for audio in/out as I plan to do mostly hard disk recording. Digital
i/o would be nice but not necessary. I will need 1 stereo out and 3 or 4 stereo ins would be
nice but not necessary. Really I could get by with 1 stereo in no problem.

I figure it will probably be best to get the MIDI interface exterenally and then hook up with
an adequate sound card cheap but if I could get both in a card for around the same price that
would be great.

At this point I am rather confused about how a really good sound card will help me if I am
going to be recording to hard disk and burning CDs from there. I do not have an external
mixer except for a 4-channel DJ mixer and at this point I feel like my funds could be better
spent elsewhere.

I have three external devices which I hope to sequence and record with Cubase, getting as
much out of each channel as possible internally.

So basically I'm looking for something cheap with at least one midi in and out. Any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 1 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)