aaa CUBASE VST + AWE64 GOLD - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: CUBASE VST + AWE64 GOLD

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             10-Feb-99  @  08:53 PM   -   CUBASE VST + AWE64 GOLD

pablocarr

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi there.

Iīve been searching the whole net for a mixermap to control my AWE64 gold, but couldnīt find any.
Do they exist?
Can anybody help me??

I want to control effects plus filters but canīt find the way to do so without a mixermap.
Is there any other way?
Should I sell my AWE and get a EWS64-xl?

Help would be nice.

Thanks

PAUL (from Argentina)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             11-Feb-99  @  07:48 PM   -   RE: CUBASE VST + AWE64 GOLD

kilo

just use straight controllers....

Message 3/4             12-Feb-99  @  09:05 PM   -   RE: CUBASE VST + AWE64 GOLD... TERRATEC - RUWLEZ!

a.duinveld

If you want to buy a new soundcard I would definitly go for the TERRATEC EWS64XL (EWS64XL has lots'of mixermaps) and the EWS64XL uses individual controllers for cutoff, resonance, etc... the AWE64 uses NRPN for cutoff, resonance,etc... this basicly means that you must send controller messages to multiple controllers and perform some calculation for cutoff, resonance, etc..

if you do want to use cutoff, resonance, attack, decay, lfo's, reverb (type), chorus (type), etc. etc. etc. in cubase... I suggest you get 'AWETOY' and 'HUBI LOOPBACK DEVICE' (just search for them on the internet... very easy to find)

p.s. the TERRATEC EWS64XL is much less USER FRIENDLY then the AWE64 !!!

Message 4/4             15-Feb-99  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: CUBASE VST + AWE64 GOLD

Iīd like to thank you guys for your help.
I think Iīll try to deal with the NRPNīs before investing in a EWS64-XL, because here in Argentina, that soundcard costs $1000!!!!!!.
Itīs a lot of money for me to spend right now.

THANKS.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)