aaa How can I gate a pad thru Cubase? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: How can I gate a pad thru Cubase?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             19-Mar-99  @  04:11 PM   -   How can I gate a pad thru Cubase?

martin_lawless

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I know it can be done. I know it's very easy. But how? Step by step. Anyone..?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             21-Mar-99  @  12:12 PM   -   RE: How can I gate a pad thru Cubase?

kilo

more description please..... what EXACTLY do you mean ?

Message 3/7             22-Mar-99  @  04:03 AM   -   RE: How can I gate a pad thru Cubase?

reachcriticalmass

kilo, i think this guy is saying he wants to gate a pad sound from a synth, otherwise refered to as transforming. he needs to buy a gate plug in(eg:waves) that supports sidechaining, and the audio put into the side chain will open and close the gate respectively to the values set, thus transforming it's input audio.

hey martin,
try using an arpegiator, or the rythm track as the input to the sidechain for some cool sounds,or transform some vocals, it sounds great all cut in sync w/the rythm.
later
brett

Message 4/7             01-Apr-99  @  12:31 PM   -   RE: How can I gate a pad thru Cubase?

Kelaperse

What do you mean by arpeggiator? Is it something that's built in Cubase or do you have to use some external stuff?

Does this sidechain-thing with Waves NPP's gate-plugin mean that you can pick any other audio- or miditrack and use it's rhytmic material to open and close the gate on the gated track?

Message 5/7             01-Apr-99  @  05:49 PM   -   RE: How can I gate a pad thru Cubase?

kilo

here

Message 6/7             01-Apr-99  @  05:50 PM   -   RE: How can I gate a pad thru Cubase?

here

yes that is how a sidechain works...see the compressor page in the fx rack section

Message 7/7             29-Aug-00  @  01:06 PM   -   RE: How can I gate a pad thru Cubase?

ian

can't you do gating with midi volume messages? ie use the logical editor to transform note on and note offs to 0 to 127 respectively

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)