aaa Cubase 5.0 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Cubase 5.0

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             15-Aug-00  @  04:04 PM   -   Cubase 5.0

No Spam

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,
I just wanted to know if anyone has encountered any bugs with Cubase5.0 yet? As I am thinking of upgrading but not until I'm sure there will be no bugs.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             17-Aug-00  @  05:57 AM   -   RE: Cubase 5.0

riese

Link?: Link

no bugs..... ? Would be nice to have a "new" software that has no bugs ;-) But i use Cubase VST 5.0 about 3weeks and for me it works great! But there are "some" bugs, if you realy wana know, then visit
cubase.net, btw a great forum for VST/Wavelab/Nuendo Users !

regards
Dr. B....

Message 3/7             22-Aug-00  @  10:05 PM   -   RE: Cubase 5.0

k

is it true vst5 uses the nuendo eq on the mixer ?.. i have tried it briefly in that i know what it looks like and how to use it, but i was told today the eq is supposed to be real nice... - all we need now is reliabel dual processing to run higher quality fx

Message 4/7             23-Aug-00  @  10:32 PM   -   RE: Cubase 5.0

phunkytek

Why don't they just add all the midi stuff to Nuendo and have one product that meets all of our needs.Nuendo has the eq's, the unlimited undo, and surround sound. I'm extremely disapointed with Cubase. I don't have problems but I hate the fact that VST requires wavlab to do any real editing.There are programs like Cakewalk that come with great wave editors integrateed into the sofware.I love wavelab, but I wish it was all one program. I sent a letter to steinberg and they replied basicaly saying they can't impliment more undo because the software would have to be completely re-written. Well a year ago I was told when I bought it that a new version would soon have this new feature. I don't trust them, and 5.0 just pisses me off. They specifically told me it would have a totaly new engine complete with more undo, and other features I have repeatedly e-mailed them about. They are more concerned with how the graphical user interface looks than they are with giving us what we want, and they are to cheap to do. Sound and functionaly Nuendo looks like a superior product, so why not make it the basic platform and add all the midi features to it? We would have one platform capable of film post production, as well as sound and music production. It would be like having a av protools set up for a fraction of the cost.

Message 5/7             26-Aug-00  @  01:04 AM   -   RE: Cubase 5.0

Point Being

::caution, annoying brat rogrammer post::

beta beta beta, hmmmm, we can make money now, hmmm, SHIP THE BETA!! wahooooooooooooooooooooooooo $$$$ cha-ching.. what what? complaining? what what? you mean we have to FIX stuff?? wtf? arghhhhhhh... *sigh* i'm going onvacation..

hmmm.. gui takes 5 mins, code takes 5 years.. hmmm. NEW GUI, new version !!!! more money more money mo'

;)

"it would be like having av protools set up for a fraction of the cost" this would actually be ruff to impliment (yes, i know boys, actual work for steinberg...) so the cost would go WAYY up.. and we'd all be using Logic (wich i might want to anyway.. *sigh*)

Message 6/7             29-Aug-00  @  12:40 AM   -   RE: Cubase 5.0

phunkytek

I see the same kind of comments on the logic site. I'm very disappointed with all the developers right now. Protools is the only way to live free of constraint, if you ignore the price constraint. I'm just going to keep posting negative stuff about cubase and e-mail them copies of what i'm saying, and go to the clinics at Guitar center and tear into the Steinberg Rep in front of 40 peolple who might pass the word. They'll start changing their approach.

Message 7/7             29-Aug-00  @  05:05 PM   -   RE: Cubase 5.0

CK

And if you think Pro Tools is bug free, think again! The truth is that Pro Tools has much better support, because they have far less users and a lot more income per user.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)