aaa Where to buy/find Security Key - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Where to buy/find Security Key

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             24-Aug-00  @  11:31 PM   -   Where to buy/find Security Key

xxx

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Guys,

I have Cubase VST 3.7r1 and I need to find or buy the security key gizmo that fits onto the printer port on the back of the computer. Does anyone know where I can get one?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             25-Aug-00  @  09:01 AM   -   RE: Where to buy/find Security Key

chris

Link?: Link

You'll probably have to buy the complete package from Steinberg - if you want to do it legitimately that is...

Message 3/4             29-Aug-00  @  12:31 AM   -   RE: Where to buy/find Security Key

phunkytek

It's called a dongle and if you don't have one, then you obviously do not have an authorized copy. Noboby who does is going to sell you just the dongle. You might check the classified ads for used software. We've all had access to cracks , but this is not the place to discuss or promote the practice of piracy. I'm not trying to repremand you , but this site is linked to and supported by many software developers and companies. Don't discuss cracked or illegaly aquired software here pls.

Message 4/4             01-Sep-00  @  06:36 AM   -   RE: Where to buy/find Security Key

k

yup - steinborgs attitude is this: when you buy the programme, you are actually buying the dongle NOT the programme, as the proggie itself is downloadable & in effect 'free' without the dongle to implement it - so if you loose the dongle - tough!!... you must buy another from scratch... Steinborg will NOT replace a dongle, EVEN for registered users... so make sure you keep an eye on it when people visit your studio !!!.. if it goes walkies, you're stuffed !!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)