aaa Loops from cd,unknown tempo,how to? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Loops from cd,unknown tempo,how to?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             25-Aug-00  @  06:53 AM   -   Loops from cd,unknown tempo,how to?

adams04

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi K
I recorded some stuff from cd i like.
I import it into vst.I cut the bit i want from the song,like a keyboard riff.
Then i adjust the start end points.
Its nearly in tempo,say 130,so i follow your tips on this,but as i don,y know the original tempo,i think i,m screwing up somehow.
I get it nearly ok,but that tip about adjusting the loop by pressing shift makes the Tempo drop.
Also,i haven,t found an undo!
Hmm.Got any advice on taking a bit from a song and syncing/time stretching it to fit my beat?
Must say,this has already produced some cool results,but i need to understand what i,m doing!

Cheers Guru.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             26-Aug-00  @  01:40 PM   -   RE: Loops from cd,unknown tempo,how to?

k

first, make the loop perfect in an editor, or in vst's audio-edit - then when it is just right, import it into an audio track, then follow the tutorial page in Articles on VST Loops - in this technique, it is NOT neccessary to knoew the tempo - when you import it to a VST audio track and then set the 'tempo to audio part' it'll set the song tempo to fit your loop - in most cases due to the individuals ears and where you put the loop oint, even if it sounds spot on when played as a loop in the proggie when anylised, VST will see the loop tempo as like 132.785 or some slight division -

this means the track it ca,e from was prolly 132 (if sequenced) but you set the loop slighly off, - this is irrelevent, as VST will set the tempo to EXACTLY suit your loop-edit -

or, you can set the tempo to EXACTLY 132 (or 133 say) and stretch the loop instead... this will stretch it alot if you are trying to actually change the tempo of the loop to fit a much slower or faster tempo - but in the case of fitting and pre-edited loop to the song, it'll just tweak the loop those few milliseconds to then playback at exactly 132 (in the case where your edit is fractionally out from a round-figure tempo) -

did you see the: VST LOOP STARTER article ??

Message 3/4             28-Aug-00  @  12:13 AM   -   RE: Loops from cd,unknown tempo,how to?

adams04

Thanx K
Yeah i have the vst tutorial,i got that to work.
I have several other audio things to try,like Match-Points,Quantising Audio to Midi etc.
Things i just want to see how good or useful they are.
I also have to find a way of filtering/eqing these bits of audio,so i can isolate the instrument i want from the loop.
I will also try converting the Wav to a midi sample in my sampler ,see if i can then play the sample.
Cheers Guru.

Message 4/4             29-Aug-00  @  12:24 AM   -   RE: Loops from cd,unknown tempo,how to?

phunkytek

Hey K , so how many times have you had to answer this question? I feel your pain.Do you have it prewriten by now and just paste it in when needed. It is a good question, don't get me wrong, but it is the most common one I see and you have a great write up in the tutorials on it.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)