aaa adat tape transfer - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: adat tape transfer

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             05-Sep-00  @  11:06 PM   -   adat tape transfer

star7rcs

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

can anyone tell me the correct way to transfer adat tracks into cubase to process then return them back to either adat,and or cdr. i'm using motu 2408, two adat 20bits, cubase vst 5.0 also brc. pent3 450 mhz 128mb ram

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             06-Sep-00  @  12:33 PM   -   RE: adat tape transfer

k

wack the data connector to the card from the adat, set 8 tracks into record (mono)... record.. edit.. reverse the cable, bounce them back to the adat again (use the adat OUTS as your 8 monitor outs whilst editing if needed)

Message 3/5             06-Sep-00  @  06:49 PM   -   RE: adat tape transfer

star7rcs

thanks k for replying the motu 2408 is already configured in the software to go out and in to the adats. i s hould have been more specific. what i guess i really mean is what settings in cubase do i need to activate to record the tapetracks into cubase,also can i record all 16 tracks into cubase at the same time? thanks again for your help. this forum rocks!

Message 4/5             06-Sep-00  @  11:43 PM   -   RE: adat tape transfer

k

each channel of vst mixer/track has to be set to mono - go to inputs menu and activate all 16 inputs which should be listed if youve activated them in the asio setup

ok, when they are all activated, open the vst mixer, - go down the row of input channels, and set each one to Input_1_L , then Input_1_R, then Input_2_L, then Input_2_R, etc etc - so that all are activated... then put the mixer input monitor buttons ON... the adat playback should appear in the vst mixer

Message 5/5             07-Sep-00  @  02:50 PM   -   RE: adat tape transfer

star7rcs

what up 'k' thanks for your help the info you provided was very helpful. all i need to know now is how to sync the adats to cubase so that the tracks will line up if i do 8 tracks at a time up to sixteen or twentyfour tracks. say i record the first 8 tracks , rewind then record the next 8 tracks etc.. how do i make sure the tracks stay in sync and start at the same start time? motu claims sample accurate sync if i am using the alesis brc and cubase asio 2 drivers. can you help me work out this problem? thanks abain for your help, you've got me going in the right direction, thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)