aaa VOCODER???? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: VOCODER????

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             23-Mar-00  @  06:14 PM   -   VOCODER????

junksie

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have a virus a i just traded for and it has OS 2.52. I cant figure out how to get the vocoder to work. I can locate it and see al the osc, noise and stuff like that, but i cant get it to work. I am trying to use it mainly for vocals, so which input would i want to put the mike in. Thanks for the help, Jn.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             24-Mar-00  @  11:24 AM   -   RE: VOCODER????

99devils

I haven't used the vocoder yet, but AFAIK the inputs are line level, so you'll need a mic preamp. Don't forget you have to be holding keys down while speaking/singing into the mic...

Good luck,

-Craig

Message 3/5             24-Mar-00  @  05:43 PM   -   RE: VOCODER????

Jimmy

Ehh..I jus plug my mic into the EXT. IN of the virus, and go to the vocoder presets and go for it..wicked lil vocoder it is....Craig...you havent used the vocoder yet? shame! run your drums thru it! i use the patch called Vocal crevers, and twelve..so scary..you like Velvet Acid Christ..can twist it to sound like that..

Message 4/5             26-Mar-00  @  01:11 PM   -   RE: VOCODER????

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

Waldorf says that the latest OS for the Q has a vocoder onboard as well. .....Hmmmm...

Ape

Message 5/5             27-Mar-00  @  01:24 PM   -   RE: VOCODER????

99devils

Did my first playing with the vocoder this weekend... Yeah, it does sound fantastic... I very much like the effect of vocoding using the noise source, for a distorted without distortion sound... Could be very useful live where distorted vocals aren't practical...

-Craig

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)