aaa Q vs Virus b/kb - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Q vs Virus b/kb

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             29-Mar-00  @  01:22 AM   -   Q vs Virus b/kb

Hi-C

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello all!! Don't want to start a war but I'm planning to buy a Q and already have a Virus kb, and was wondering if anyone out there happens to have both, if so can I get your input in their comparison. I heard so many negative comments about the Q but also some good one as well and with their newer OS update, how does it hold up with the Virus?? I love the Virus and pondering on the thought of should I buy a rack version to rest on the keyboard or just go for the Q. Any comment on Supernova as compare to these 2 are welcome....Need your input....Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             29-Mar-00  @  03:36 AM   -   RE: Q vs Virus b/kb

Jason

I havent heard these new synths my self. But personally if I was in your position I would by a Waldorf Microwave XT instead. You can find them for around $1000 US in some stores. The reason why I say Microwave XT is becuase you allready have a kicking VA now. The XT is a wavetable synth so its going to give you that unique color to your tracks. But I dont blame you. It looks like you cant lose weither which way you go except some money. he he he. I havent heard these synths in real life but through MP3's laying around on the web they all seem to sound nice and have potential.

Message 3/3             29-Mar-00  @  04:14 AM   -   RE: Q vs Virus b/kb

subtex

I just bought a Q rack and Im very pleased with the quality of the sounds
it sounds like a cross between a microwave and a pulse with something new added..but I also have the virus b
and it definately adds a new sound to my
setup plus the q has a really nice arpeggiater and step sequencer...and as for the supernova it does not even come close to the quality of the Q or the virus..plus novation kind of suck(but that is just my oppinion of course)
but if you don't need the keyboard go for the q rack it's exactly the same
sound engine just less knobs and buttons. music central has the best price I have seen in the US for the q rack at 1,495.00 http://www.primenet.com/~mika/MusicCentral/

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)