aaa Q question, 303 sequences - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Q question, 303 sequences

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             18-Apr-00  @  10:28 PM   -   Q question, 303 sequences

oz.

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

was gettin down to the latest Orbital disc. track 2 uses this synth sequence with glides and stuff much like the tb303. only the sound isn't 303, just the feel of the sequence. so, how do you create sequences with the feel of the 303 but with different sounds.

tried seq 303 and it was great and all, but it wouldn't glide nearly as long as i want. tried a midi file created in re-birth, but that didn't cut it either. perhaps my Jp8000 doesn't have good enough portamento to make it happen?

so is that one of the great new things about the waldorf Q? i saw that it's arpegiator will glide...but how much does it sound/feel like the 303? does the sequencer on the Q have glides like this too? i am damn tired of the 303 acid sound, but i like the feel of it, and i'd like to use other synth sounds in that way.

oh, and the Q wont send note on/offs?!? what kinda crap is that?

help, suggestions, anybody? maybe i'll write orbital and ask them how they did it.

oz.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             19-Apr-00  @  01:03 AM   -   RE: Q question, 303 sequences

subtex

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

The step sequencer on the q is really quite deep and you can pull off the 303
sound very nicely..it can hold notes to imitate the 303 as well as glide for each sound..it also has cutoff for each step,a pause function for breaks in the sequence and velocity for accents not to mention many modulation possibilities..if you are looking for a decent step sequencer I have heard good things about the quasimidi polymorph and the price should be going way down soon since quasimidi went under..

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)