aaa Has the Q Rack Actually Started Shipping? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

21-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Has the Q Rack Actually Started Shipping?

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/17             15-Apr-00  @  12:25 PM   -   RE: Has the Q Rack Actually Started Shipping?

Subtex

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Im not positive about how many waves there
are in the Q, I do know that alt1 and alt 2 are different wavetables. I think there are 200 waves all together not nearly as many as a microwave but very
usable. I have came up with some very evil sounds that are very similiar to the xt. im pretty sure that you can't dump waves from the xt to the q which kind of sucks but im sure waldorf will add more waves as time goes on. But you can use all the mod and routing capibilities of the q for the wavetables
for some really crazy sounds...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/17             29-Apr-00  @  11:37 AM   -   Has the Q Rack Actually Started Shipping?

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

Has anyone seen this thing in the flesh yet?

Ape

Message 3/17             30-Apr-00  @  04:02 AM   -   RE: Has the Q Rack Actually Started Shipping?

JT

No, but I sure would like to. Pre info states it'll be out later this year, go figure..

Message 4/17             30-Apr-00  @  06:19 AM   -   RE: Has the Q Rack Actually Started Shipping?

Pongoid

So have they been released in Germany?

Ape

Message 5/17             01-May-00  @  01:43 PM   -   RE: Has the Q Rack Actually Started Shipping?

JT

Oops.. didn't read the topic correctly (that pre info was about virus rack). I haven't seen the Q rack in flesh yet but it should be out. At least here in finland so it should be elsewhere as well (the new stuff usually comes way too slow here). I saw the package but they didn't have it plugged so I could've tested it. anyway, it's too pricey for me. hmm ..I wonder when Micro Q comes out.

Message 6/17             01-May-00  @  04:59 PM   -   RE: Has the Q Rack Actually Started Shipping?

Serf

Um... I just saw one of these last Saturday, and I'm in Beijing. I'm pretty sure they're available.

Message 7/17             02-May-00  @  09:25 AM   -   RE: Has the Q Rack Actually Started Shipping?

Pongoid

Thanks all, for the 411. I'm ordering mine in a few days, and hopefully, it'll be in my hot little hands a few days after that. I'll give you the lowdown as soon as I've given it a proper test drive.

Ape

Message 8/17             02-May-00  @  12:32 PM   -   RE: Has the Q Rack Actually Started Shipping?

object

I got my Q-Rack today (i'm in the UK), 11 days after ordering from musicians-gear.com in Germany.

Including UPS Insured shipping, it was 300 quid less than the UK cost, not a bad saving.

oh, and the sounds f***ing rip !

Message 9/17             02-May-00  @  06:58 PM   -   RE: Has the Q Rack Actually Started Shipping?

craig

well I've been looking at getting a microWAVE XT rack in the near future. But I'm a bit interested in the Q now, the impression I get of the Q is that is basically a microwave but with extra features, and the impression I've got from articles I've read (ie SOS) is that it's nowhere near finished, probably never will b finished, crashes all the time, and (this is from the article, so it's not my personal opinion) they can't understand why anyone would want it.

Not my opinion btw,

So why is the Q so interesting compared to the microwave, I've got the impression though that the microwave is wavetable synthesis while the Q is more VA <- not sure about this part.

Anyway I'm just curious and open minded, the Q just seemed too expensive to me.

Any thoughts?

craig

Message 10/17             03-May-00  @  11:09 AM   -   RE: Has the Q Rack Actually Started Shipping?

Subtex

well, I have the Q rack and I can say the os is very stable now, no problems at all. the q rack is a very impressive
virtual analog but you can also get it to do microwave type stuff..when you select the the wave tables you can modulate them quite a bit since they are assigned to the the pulse width settings when selected...so evolving wavetable sounds are possible

Message 11/17             03-May-00  @  02:43 PM   -   RE: Has the Q Rack Actually Started Shipping?

Pongoid

What's all this now? Wavetables? What wavetables? How many wavetables? Where do I get these wavetables from?

Ape

Message 12/17             03-May-00  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: Has the Q Rack Actually Started Shipping?

digitalbound

Yes, yes. Do tell.

Inquiring minds want to know. Does the Q have the sonic capability of the XT?

Bring on the knowledge pulease...

rob.

Message 13/17             04-May-00  @  07:27 AM   -   RE: Has the Q Rack Actually Started Shipping?

nobody

wavetables added as ALT waveforms

Message 14/17             04-May-00  @  08:59 AM   -   RE: Has the Q Rack Actually Started Shipping?

Pongoid

Howmany does it hold, and can they be dumped from a MW? This sounds too cool.

Ape

Message 15/17             04-May-00  @  09:27 AM   -   RE: Has the Q Rack Actually Started Shipping?

Pongoid

Object, big ups on the info. Because I don't live in the EU I don't pay VAT. It'll be cheaper to buy one from musicins-gear.com and have it shipped here than buying it there. that's nuts. I'm on it. Should have it in just over a week. Thanks again. good stuff. hope others pick up on this.

Ape

Message 16/17             04-May-00  @  10:15 AM   -   RE: Has the Q Rack Actually Started Shipping?

99devils

Pongoid I'd be interested to hear your experiences with musicians-gear... The prices are fantastic, but I'm a bit leery of customs and whatnot... Anyway, please report for the benefit of all ;-)

I remember them having ridiculously good Z1 prices :-)

-Craig

Message 17/17             04-May-00  @  03:17 PM   -   RE: Has the Q Rack Actually Started Shipping?

object

99devils:

If you are in the EU, look at the prices including German VAT, I know if you are in the UK you don't have to pay any VAT/Duty if you have already paid in the country you bought the goods from, so no extra charges from customs...

including German VAT and shipping I was still 300 quid cheaper than the cheapest price in the UK.

good luck !

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)