aaa xtkupgrade or viruskb - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: xtkupgrade or viruskb

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             28-Nov-99  @  02:50 PM   -   xtkupgrade or viruskb

quantam

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hello cats i am in the market for a 1500 synth i am beyond toys i want a powerful piece. i am looking at the xtk or the virus kb or even the b version. i have been directed to either by several people. one of my questions is does anyone who has the virus regret not buying a keyboard that is not havind another synth to control it. also does the xtk have a vocoder or audio proccessor like the virus and what would you say the major difference is in the v and the xtk. i am currently using a cs2x and a mpc 2000xl and verylimited on sounds so i need analog baby. help me choose check out the xtk,micro,2 upgrade to 30 voice. i am thinking of trading my mpc for the virus and the cs2x for a sampler and doing all of my sequencing on pc with logic or vst but was wondering what would be your first choice of a sampler say in the 1000 range i was thinking about esi400 but any suggestions are greatly appreciated since there is so much knowledge of equipment and there is no place even close to me that has this type of equip i come to you kids for advice.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             11-Dec-99  @  01:47 PM   -   RE: xtkupgrade or viruskb

pauliticus

Virus demonstration (in store) made beautiful vocode sounds,also the new o.s. upgrade (free to virus b,or kb owners) will support 24 voices,(almost that of the upgraded (30) voice xt.) I would suggest however, the keyboard version. I control mine with a Dx7II and it works but I also need a controller for my nordII rackmount. It is better to have dedicated controllers. If you are after the virus vocoding potential,you might consider the Electrix Warpfactory. I have heard it and used it,its easy and sounds great. Iknow the virus can do the vocode too,cuz I heard it and was very pleased however, I am having some difficulty achieving the same results(see my plea for help this section), Hope I answered some questions, P

Message 3/10             13-Dec-99  @  07:12 PM   -   RE: xtkupgrade or viruskb

Blunted

as far as the sampler, I'd recommend an A3000

Message 4/10             20-Dec-99  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: xtkupgrade or viruskb

horizens

get the virus. you won't be disappointed.

Message 5/10             23-Dec-99  @  10:27 PM   -   RE: xtkupgrade or viruskb

Jimmy

Novamusik has $1499 XTK's if you're interested..their $1200 Virus's are hard to beat too..that is if you ever actually get a price quote back from Eurosynthusa.com which never...

Message 6/10             23-Dec-99  @  11:33 PM   -   RE: xtkupgrade or viruskb

nobody

Link?:  Link

fuck eurosynth! i have even been told by metasonix that they themselves have been hearing how shittily eurosynth is run

Message 7/10             29-Dec-99  @  11:37 AM   -   RE: xtkupgrade or viruskb

99d4evils

DON'T BUY FROM EUROSYNTH

That company is sliding down the tubes... I ordered a Nord II from them and they flaked. I had to threaten legal action to get my calls returned!

Finally had to send it back through the credit card company in order to get my loot back.

The experience has a positive twist, though, since I decided to get a Virus instead, and couldn't be happier.

-Craig

Message 8/10             30-Dec-99  @  01:20 AM   -   RE: xtkupgrade or viruskb

aaronpeacock

Link?: Link

DFuck! DOOOOOoooont give up the mpc!
you will sorely miss it. logic is great for control freaks and master sequencing. without your mpc your drum grooves will flatten, your rhythms will squarify, sequencing will become a chore again, and you will spend eternity either building environments or mucking with autoload preset behaviors... computer sequencers ARE good for editing your mpc phraselets and building tracks around them. dump them back on floppy as a midi file, playback on mpc, record audio to hard drive whilst tweaking live etc...
I got the Microwave 2XT and have not been sorry. it's not analog. the sounds are BIG, and kinda puffy but not analog. amazing textures and surfaces, screw with your head in a nice way. razor sharp filters, good built in fx, analog in... I can;t remember what the virus sounds like anymore...

Message 9/10             30-Dec-99  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: xtkupgrade or viruskb

Jimmy

Cant Remember what the Virus Sounds like anymore eh?? Im facing a hard decision in front of me too..either a black Waldorf MW XT , or a Nord 2 rack..hmm..On the Virus, I love mine, unforgettable sounds..bites me in the ass sometimes, but sometimes cuddly and warm..BTW, anyone creating your own drum sounds yet? So far ive only made my own Kick and Snare..anyone have any luck with Hihats? i need to complete the set!

Message 10/10             08-Jan-00  @  02:14 PM   -   How sound da Virus LP Filter

Boon

Bonjour
Does the Virus 24DB Lp Filter self oscillate ?
Is there a random pitch for the Vco's ?

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)