aaa Tell me about your XT! Please! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Tell me about your XT! Please!

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13             31-Dec-99  @  11:49 AM   -   Tell me about your XT! Please!

Defector_Z

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello XT users. I am considering adding an XT to my studio but I do not have access to one to hear and play for myself. I am not a newbie, but as far as VA's go, I am new to it. Can any of you offer some opinions on what it does well and what it doesn't do well? Also, if you happen to have some wav or MP3 files of just the sounds from it, you can send them to the address above. I am really interested in hearing what it sounds like. I have heard the Virus before and like it as well, and if I don't like the XT sounds, I may opt for a Virus A. Thanks peeps!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             31-Dec-99  @  04:55 PM   -   RE: Tell me about your XT! Please!

nobody

Link?: Link

hey defector....you might really, really should ought to ask that question of the waldorf user forum...many responses no doubt...but um..it's not a va synth as far as i know...anyway..try the user forum.
links to it on waldorf's main web site..but of course you will need to subscribe first, which takes all of 3 or 4 minutes..

Message 3/13             01-Jan-00  @  03:23 AM   -   RE: Tell me about your XT! Please!

Jimmy

Hey Defector!

i think the XT is great, and as a matter of fact i have a song somewhere on my computer that is all XT...its FUNKY! but dont mistake it as a VA, its a Wavetable synth, but does nice analogue emulations as well! Im very tempted to buy one off of a buddy of mine, its a rare black one too!! i have an Access Virus 'A' and it rocks!! The guy i bought my Virus from also has that black XT i want, so you could imagine the setup he had before i bought his Virus, ..Both would go hand in hand with eachother VERY well...

Message 4/13             01-Jan-00  @  10:11 AM   -   RE: Tell me about your XT! Please!

Defector_Z

Thanks guys. I'm a little confused on the VA versus Wavetable - what the difference? I am assuming that on a VA, you select the waveform you want - lets say a sine wave and modify it. Alter the frequency and such, and build from there. On a wavetable, the waveforms are already built and you select those. Is that a correct distinction?

nobody - I will give the user forum a shot. Thanks.

Message 5/13             01-Jan-00  @  10:49 AM   -   RE: Tell me about your XT! Please!

nobody

Link?:  Link

wavetables are like continually evolving soundscapes...had an XT for a little while, awesome stuff. lots to learn there...deep synth

Message 6/13             01-Jan-00  @  10:50 AM   -   RE: Tell me about your XT! Please!

nobody

my description sucks. read waldorf's, it make more sense. or um..someone will prolly explain better

Message 7/13             01-Jan-00  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: Tell me about your XT! Please!

Defector_Z

nobody - why did you decide to get rid of your XT? Any complaints? Most of the things that I have heard about the XT is that it is powerful and can make some really crazy sounds, but that it lacks the low-end of the virus/nordlead/nova group. That low end oomph isn't that important to me - I like a nice round sound.

Message 8/13             02-Jan-00  @  10:57 AM   -   RE: Tell me about your XT! Please!

nobody

it wasn't mine. no complaints, i'd probably buy one if i could afford it. you know what? i have some links from the waldorf user group to some music made with something like 70% microwave 2 sounds..i'll look for them

Message 9/13             02-Jan-00  @  11:20 AM   -   RE: Tell me about your XT! Please!

nobody

defector, there's a track of only xt...guy from bonn on the waldrof list.
haven't heard it, maybe electro type stuff

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/4/Consequence.html

Message 10/13             04-Jan-00  @  03:32 PM   -   RE: Tell me about your XT! Please!

Mastermind

I don't get it. You guys say its got no low end, but in the SOS review it said it had a very good and deep low end, because of it being digital. Also, there was this guys at this site who said he got the most evil bass out of a Microwave + pedal (and he had loads of other gear).

Message 11/13             05-Jan-00  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: Tell me about your XT! Please!

Defector_Z

Nobody - I just checked out the song and I would give it a listen, if you haven't already. Very cool. It's actually pretty amazing considering he used one synth module for that song. I am actually pretty impressed with the sound of the module. I would not have thought that you could get any percussive type sounds out of it but they are very good. The distorsion seems pretty convincing as well as full bodied, and some of the voices really cut through - very up front and in your face. I might have to give novamusik a call...:-) I am really just looking for a lead synth that will require 2 stereo outs and capable of making some wacked out sounds. This sounds like the one...

Message 12/13             05-Jan-00  @  06:58 PM   -   RE: Tell me about your XT! Please!

nobody

actually i did listen to it. cool stuff. brain movie music, good description of his..i thought the end was getting very interesting & then he had to make it stop.

Message 13/13             12-Jan-00  @  12:59 AM   -   RE: Tell me about your XT! Please!

Defector_Z

Well, the XT is in the mail and I am waiting...

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)