aaa Focusrite Platinum Compounder - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Focusrite Platinum Compounder

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             17-Feb-00  @  07:33 AM   -   Focusrite Platinum Compounder

richardgwinnett

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am seriously considering buying a Focusrite Platinum Compounder with a view to improving the overall sound of my trax. I have a couple of Behringer Composers already but find they dont really provide the 'oomph'/hard-as-nails bass sound I am after. If anyone uses this unit or could recommend something similar please give some advice.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             21-Feb-00  @  10:29 AM   -   RE: Focusrite Platinum Compounder

status

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,

As I said elsewhere, in not so many words, you will NOT be unhappy with your decision should you decide to purchase the focusrite platinum compounder. I use it as my only Compressor and it does all jobs well. In the copression of an entire mix it is quite transparent yet affective and if you really want to punch the f*ck out of a beat its MORE than capable. It has a bass boost function, which does wonders for bass drums or basslines, and with the addition of the "huge" function the bass boost becomes positivly dangerous. The addition of dual Limiter and Gate are a bonus and both are of a quality to match the compressor. lastly the manual is pretty nifty, with lots of suggested settings for different applications.

No i'm not a sales rep, just dead pleased to own this beauty :o)

status

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)